Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very happy about getting my new comp., but there are two things that I do not like about it, first of all the graphics card, i know most ppl have told me about getting rid of it and believe me I will as soon as I can and second of all I'm having a problem with the dvd burner, it will read all the other kind of media except dvd-r, could it be the brand , they are Verbatum, do you think that is the reason or is it just the burner,please get back to me.

·
Perpetual Dualism
451 Posts
hmmm this looks like your dvd burner is pretty new, a firmware upgrade will normally solve your problem

·
Registered
780 Posts
On your video card, yeah if you want to unleash the full power of your system your going to need a better one. For your DVD burner, a firmware upgrade would be a good idea, and yes, Verbatim discs are crap to begin with.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Nice PC Kaotic. :D Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SOHW-822S , I bought 3 types of DVD-R Media, Verbatum, Memorex, and Sony... and sony is the only one it would read.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Kaotic Soul said:
SOHW-822S , I bought 3 types of DVD-R Media, Verbatum, Memorex, and Sony... and sony is the only one it would read.
I guess I'm just picky like always, but isn't it named Verbatim? :p

Look around on diverse driver sites for updated drivers or new firmware, it's kinda weird that it's reading only one brand oO

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WEXP said:
I guess I'm just picky like always, but isn't it named Verbatim? :p

Look around on diverse driver sites for updated drivers or new firmware, it's kinda weird that it's reading only one brand oO

Yeah it is wierd. The brand is not on their support site.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Maybe you should contact they/there you got your computer, maybe they can help out... I've never seen this problem before, so I really got no idea.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, on their website I found a manual and as it turns out the dvd burner only works with certain types of dvd media...go figure( I wonder why they just didn't mention it in the camp. manual.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Hmmm.....I gueaa your burner is too new to have a firmware update yet. Just give it a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts