Next Generation Emulation banner

Got my A-Level Degree

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  F-3582 
#1 ·
The degree is specified in design, dunno how its called outside of germany, F-3582 may know.

Math was a struggle, everything else went smooth.

Popuri is next up in the row. ;)

#7 ·
Congratz (yes, you can call the Abitur A-Level - our english teacher always mixed them up...). Will you tell us your final grade - or are you ashamed :D ?

Any plans what to do after school? Will you join our armed forces or do you try to defect and do some social service?

#9 ·
Heh, I don't know all the grades yet, we'll get our diploma next monday, but mostly B's and some C's (trampoline jumping is not something you want to get rated at school, believe me :))

I don't need to join the forces nor a social service, I'm the youngest of three brothers so ... :p

#10 ·
Toriyama : GCSE A levels ? Congrats anyways ;)

Yours,
-Elly

#13 ·
Tori-Yama said:
I made the GCSE first (well you need to), then the A-level. GCSE is called "Realschulabschluss" here I guess, F-3582 may help out again.
AFAIK the "General Certificate of Secondary Education" (GCSE) is the main certificate you get when graduating in Britain. The A-Level is just an advanced form of it. In this case both you and Elly are right.

BTW: You didn't answer my previous questions ;)

#15 ·
Äh... whoops. Sorry, I must've overlooked it.

I would still recommend you to do that social service stuff. It will give you more life experience than all twelve (thirteen?) years in school together! I've been working in a retirement place (as I might have mentioned several times in several threads) and trust me, every month was worth it!

#18 ·
F-3582 said:
Äh... whoops. Sorry, I must've overlooked it.

I would still recommend you to do that social service stuff. It will give you more life experience than all twelve (thirteen?) years in school together! I've been working in a retirement place (as I might have mentioned several times in several threads) and trust me, every month was worth it!
Hmm, I attended to a Waldorfschool, so I guss I got more social skills for the rest of my life. j/k But I'd go in a kindergarten anytime, I like to deal with kids to some extent.

so... is this a technological design / engineering type of degree or a regular graphic design degree?
the regular typ (webdesign, printdesign, creativity training etc.)

Congratulations. is the A level degree like a high school diploma ( giving after 12 years in school) ?
Hm, no. For a regular A-Level degree you need 13 school years, for a specified degree like design you need one extra year, however, because I attended to Waldofschool, I got my GCSE after 12 years. Its just the way it is there, everything was more art oriented, we also had subjects like english in the first class already.

#19 ·
Oh, you were on a Waldorf school. I met several Waldorf veterans, but I still don't know what to think about it.

"Draw a sack of potatoes and sing a song." :D

No, this is one of the major prejudices against them, but I have to agree that you do learn lots of social skills.

What about "your" final exams? Are they the same as "ours"?

#21 ·
"a sack of potatoes" wtf? :p Well, Waldorfschools are basically about developing an own personality, which can be expressed through the wide range of classes (I loved the bow crafting class :p) Thats why we didn't had grades but a written rating about the progress till the 10nd class or something. And no, there were no finals at the Waldorfschule, so I can't say if theres a difference. I only made the GCSE there. For the A-Level I had to attend the Goldenberg Berufskolleg in Hürth.

#24 · (Edited)
I was pointing a the jobcollege, because at least the ZVS seems to care. I suppose that Waldorfschools do deliver a high level of education, it's just the common opinion that they are no real schools (which I never shared).

I graduated from a §4 school, an old relic from the GDR which offers extended mathematic-scientific education and gives you the chance to choose three "Specialized Courses" instead of only two. I don't think that anyone might be interested in that after school, but at least you can get pretty good A-Level degrees with it :D

BTW: Thanks for that link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.