Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The degree is specified in design, dunno how its called outside of germany, F-3582 may know.

Math was a struggle, everything else went smooth.

Popuri is next up in the row. ;)

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx for the cons guys.

I don't know about other countries but here you need it to attend university, a direct job training is also possible.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Congratz (yes, you can call the Abitur A-Level - our english teacher always mixed them up...). Will you tell us your final grade - or are you ashamed :D ?

Any plans what to do after school? Will you join our armed forces or do you try to defect and do some social service?

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Congratz, and I hope after all the studying you'll get to work with something that you enjoy!

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heh, I don't know all the grades yet, we'll get our diploma next monday, but mostly B's and some C's (trampoline jumping is not something you want to get rated at school, believe me :))

I don't need to join the forces nor a social service, I'm the youngest of three brothers so ... :p

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Toriyama : GCSE A levels ? Congrats anyways ;)

Yours,
-Elly

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made the GCSE first (well you need to), then the A-level. GCSE is called "Realschulabschluss" here I guess, F-3582 may help out again.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Tori-Yama said:
I made the GCSE first (well you need to), then the A-level. GCSE is called "Realschulabschluss" here I guess, F-3582 may help out again.
AFAIK the "General Certificate of Secondary Education" (GCSE) is the main certificate you get when graduating in Britain. The A-Level is just an advanced form of it. In this case both you and Elly are right.

BTW: You didn't answer my previous questions ;)

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Äh... whoops. Sorry, I must've overlooked it.

I would still recommend you to do that social service stuff. It will give you more life experience than all twelve (thirteen?) years in school together! I've been working in a retirement place (as I might have mentioned several times in several threads) and trust me, every month was worth it!

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
F-3582 said:
Äh... whoops. Sorry, I must've overlooked it.

I would still recommend you to do that social service stuff. It will give you more life experience than all twelve (thirteen?) years in school together! I've been working in a retirement place (as I might have mentioned several times in several threads) and trust me, every month was worth it!
Hmm, I attended to a Waldorfschool, so I guss I got more social skills for the rest of my life. j/k But I'd go in a kindergarten anytime, I like to deal with kids to some extent.

so... is this a technological design / engineering type of degree or a regular graphic design degree?
the regular typ (webdesign, printdesign, creativity training etc.)

Congratulations. is the A level degree like a high school diploma ( giving after 12 years in school) ?
Hm, no. For a regular A-Level degree you need 13 school years, for a specified degree like design you need one extra year, however, because I attended to Waldofschool, I got my GCSE after 12 years. Its just the way it is there, everything was more art oriented, we also had subjects like english in the first class already.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Oh, you were on a Waldorf school. I met several Waldorf veterans, but I still don't know what to think about it.

"Draw a sack of potatoes and sing a song." :D

No, this is one of the major prejudices against them, but I have to agree that you do learn lots of social skills.

What about "your" final exams? Are they the same as "ours"?

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
congratulation on your achievement tori!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts