Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright so, I just got myself an iPhone and I'd like all iPhone owners out there to share their tips and tricks about the beast. A list of cool homebrew or legit apps would be nice too ^-^
Thanks!

Edit: used it to post.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'm not particularly fond of the iPhone. It's a great product, but I can't see myself replacing my existing phone yet. This is speaking from experience with using my iPod Touch. I just find that the battery life on those devices is poo and I don't fancy paying for my SSH, Remote Desktop, etc.. apps.

Anyway, the apps I enjoy are Facebook (duh), FML (amusing), Pocket God (time passer), Google Earth (duh), iHandy Level (can be handy), Oregon Trail (fun, actually), Flixster (useful), Tap Tap Revenge (not bad for a free game), Textfree Lite (free mobile texting), and Translator (why not?)

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
apple spends like 2billion on marketing and like £5 on the development of the product.

PC + apple logo = extra £700
Posting off topic on the second post of a thread started by an admin seems pretty idiotic to me, while I'm far from being a fan of Apple, the iPhone is a pretty good product.

Now, wanna flame Apple ? Start a thread about it, but learn when and where to do it, consider this as an advice and a warning.

Thanks for the list of apps FLaRe85, I already have Tap Tap Revenge, though I couldn't get myself to like it :p

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
I just got myself an iPhone.
Unless you got it really cheap you just got yourself some kind of outdated piece of hardware for the money you "could" get something like this.

Anyway, there are some pretty good 3D games for iPhone. Other than that I don't know what kind of software you'd like on it.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
i have an iphone and i rarely use it.

but i'd rarely use any phone unless it was really powerful and dev friendly.
the dream-phone i want probably won't exist for 3+ years.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
I'm not particularly fond of the iPhone. It's a great product, but I can't see myself replacing my existing phone yet. This is speaking from experience with using my iPod Touch. I just find that the battery life on those devices is poo and I don't fancy paying for my SSH, Remote Desktop, etc.. apps.

Anyway, the apps I enjoy are Facebook (duh), FML (amusing), Pocket God (time passer), Google Earth (duh), iHandy Level (can be handy), Oregon Trail (fun, actually), Flixster (useful), Tap Tap Revenge (not bad for a free game), Textfree Lite (free mobile texting), and Translator (why not?)
I whole heartily agree with you.

I sold my Iphone for a reason

i have an iphone and i rarely use it.

but i'd rarely use any phone unless it was really powerful and dev friendly.
the dream-phone i want probably won't exist for 3+ years.
Get an HTC athena

·
Oilslime
77 Posts
Apple products commit suicide when I get near them so I wouldn't know from personal experience, but I heard that Skype for the iPhone is kinda sweet. If you ever feel like not paying your phone bill you can still make calls :)

·
Maverick Hunter
119 Posts
No offense, but I'm just not an ifan. Apple seems to be a little ahead of their time, making the iphone and ipod touch simply too powerful and expensive. Especially when other devices have the same memory and *some* of the features for a much wallet-friendlier price.

Of course, this is just my opinion

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
No offense, but I'm just not an ifan. Apple seems to be a little ahead of their time, making the iphone and ipod touch simply too powerful and expensive. Especially when other devices have the same memory and *some* of the features for a much wallet-friendlier price.

Of course, this is just my opinion
Ahead of there time? When out of the box they do not have a video or MMS capability feature?

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
When I went to get an iphone when they first came here my intentions were to buy it outright and just muck around with it to see what all the fuss was about. After looking at the specs and the price I was a turned off of it. It does some nice things (lovely interface), but misses out on stuff that I would like my portable device to do.

Which is why I bought a knock off version of the iphone in the form of a LG Viewty which was waaaaaay cheaper, but still gives me some thrills (slow motion camera is good for shenanigans and the dodgy 5mp camera serves my purposes nicely and having DivX support is pretty neat. Memory size sucks though.).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.