Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello EVeryone I am not a noob but I don't poost very often but I might as well be. Anyways! I made my first computer about a week ago and and ran into this video card I liked but it had this odd connection called PCI express x16. Anyways I built my PC around it and everything seemed good but once everything was up and running the Nvidia sentinel program (is called something like that says the there is a lack of power.... (my PSU was 450W but I put a 20-24 pin converter and I added a molex adapter because there were too few) SO! anyways I go out and buy a new power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148008

that one...
and the problem remained....

anyways here are my system settings

Amd athlon 3200+ Venice Core 2.01Ghtz
1Gb of RAM Corsair Dual channel value something...
Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA hard drive
Lite ON DVDRW
DFi lanparty Ut motherboard
and finally the XFX GEforce 6800gt pci express x16

If anyone can enlighten me on this situation it would help me greatly.
thank you.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I assume this is your first time building PC right?, you can expect a large power drain for a computer like that but that PSU shoud be enough assuming that you don't have enough lights and fans in your PC to look like the back of f-15 fighter
have you connected the 4 pin power connector into your MOBO (assuming it has that) and a power connector from an otherwise unused power cable (Nvidia's sugestion) into your graphics card?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me try that second suggestion. I have two separate conections going to one....
but gee...what a power Hog....

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Try plugging another molex connector right to the motherboard. Usually thats just for SLi but who knows it could fix it. Also update your chipset/video drivers if you havent.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
ceramiclion said:
Hello EVeryone I am not a noob but I don't poost very often but I might as well be. Anyways! I made my first computer about a week ago and and ran into this video card I liked but it had this odd connection called PCI express x16. Anyways I built my PC around it and everything seemed good but once everything was up and running the Nvidia sentinel program (is called something like that says the there is a lack of power.... (my PSU was 450W but I put a 20-24 pin converter and I added a molex adapter because there were too few) SO! anyways I go out and buy a new power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148008

that one...
and the problem remained....

anyways here are my system settings

Amd athlon 3200+ Venice Core 2.01Ghtz
1Gb of RAM Corsair Dual channel value something...
Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA hard drive
Lite ON DVDRW
DFi lanparty Ut motherboard
and finally the XFX GEforce 6800gt pci express x16

If anyone can enlighten me on this situation it would help me greatly.
thank you.
its your psu not being 24pin you should had researched on dfi forum.

You need a 24pin PSU not a 20pin with 23290watts , not a 20 to 24pin but a real 24pin atx 2.0 12v. i suggest you get another psu. them 20 to 24pin addons dont always work.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101722&postcount=34 explains it, this is DFI forum. DFI and there staffs says you must have a 24pin psu .

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
GeneralClaymore said:
its your psu not being 24pin you should had researched on dfi forum.

You need a 24pin PSU not a 20pin with 23290watts , not a 20 to 24pin but a real 24pin atx 2.0 12v. i suggest you get another psu. them 20 to 24pin addons dont always work.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101722&postcount=34 explains it, this is DFI forum. DFI and there staffs says you must have a 24pin psu .
His Aspire PSU is natively 24-pin.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
cooliscool said:
His Aspire PSU is natively 24-pin.
the DFI mobo is psu picky also. they have a whole thread over on DFI forums telling you which 24pin psus will work with the mobo and which brand to stay away from which will not work well with it.

Aspire was on the list of psus to stay away from.

i recommand you trying to rma it for another psu, and see if u can get a 24pin from either antec,Forton souce which what i have ,ocz, and there where few others that was listed to work with the mobo.

i know forton souce will work because if you notice in my Sig i have the same mobo. mine PSU was 91 bucks. i dont rememeber if there is a 24pin tagan.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello
I tried what Player X told me and it worked perfectly. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I've been too busy with work and playing BF2.
thanks everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts