Next Generation Emulation banner

Google!

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Quatro 
#1 ·
What do you think of the helpful posts with a single line containing "google"? Like when a question is asked, instead of saying anything even remotely related to the question, someone might simply reply "google it!" without giving any examples.

And why most people mention google instead of yahoo or some other search engines. oO

#2 ·
Well google is the most popular. I use both Yahoo! and Google, but I always mention google. Usually if I do I will give them an example of what to type in the search box, but most of the time people won't because it's pretty self explanitory.

I do think people could write a little more than "www.google.com" though.

#3 ·
The reason behind that is because most of the times ppl are looking for info or some kind of program. And the easiest way is googling the program to find it. Some ppl ask questions that can easily be answered if they took the effort to search for it on google.

#4 ·
Ya, I really wish people searched more ... :rolleyes:

#5 ·
IT's also the same for the Search function on forums...
why ppl bother asking and waiting for a reply when they just have to type in a box and press Search? :p

#6 ·
More people should also read the [rules]RULES[/rules] :p

#9 ·
Why? Because Google is the single greatest search engine in existence. Almost god-like actually. Seriously though, it kinda get's frustrating answering questions that would be easy to find through Google and, unless you point this out, they will continue to ask stupid questions without doing any prior research. Even if you can't find an answer, at least people will see that you have at least some understanding of what you're asking and that you've taken time to research it, so will be more willing to help.

#14 ·
WindHydra said:
Tried google. it is actually very good :D It can even search chinese (unlike yahoo... you have to go to the chinese version and choose to search in simplified or traditional :eyespin: )
I can't believe you never tried Googling before oO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.