Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
326 Posts
The program's pretty sparse right now. And it doesn't use the windows GUI either. Ugh, that drives me nuts. :???: However, it's already got a nifty telephone feature that's a snap to use. Not that we haven't seen the sort of thing before...

Anyway, nobody is actually going to make a complete switch to this. It'll just become another screenname to add to the pile you log in to with Trillian or Gaim or whatever. What a nuisance... I just think it's too late in the IM world for a new kid in town to stand a real chance, even if it is Google. :(

· Registered
326 Posts
Hey...didn't think about that. I wonder if Google's banking our im conversations with Talk just like it does with Gmail... :cuss2:

*edit*

Eh well, aside from storing just about everything else, it seems that they're not looking at our conversations. Or so they say anyway.
When you use Google Talk, we may record information about your usage of Google Talk, such as when you use Google Talk, the size of your contact list and the contacts you communicate with, and the frequency and size of data transfers. Information displayed or clicked on in the Google Talk interface (including UI elements, settings, and other information) is also recorded. We use this information internally to deliver the best possible service to you, such as improving the Google Talk user interface and maintaining a consistent and reliable user experience. We delete all personally identifiable information from our logs after a period of time reasonably necessary to do so. We do not store any of the content of your text or voice communications in our logs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.