Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· In limbo
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a GF2 MX be a good choice or will my CPU be holding it down? I'm planning to stick in 256MB of PC133 SDRAM and overclock my old Celeron [email protected] (already tried it at 450 and is rock stable. Gonna chuck it in at 133MHz FSB so it will go up a bit at 600 to compliment the GeForce2 MX). What other vid cards would be good with this setup?

· <B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
well, the MX would probably be your best choice, unless the GF2's drop way down round here.. hehe.. :D Since I'm thinking that you won't be running games at/above 1024x768 32bit 4xFSAA anyway.. , stick with the MX, its relatively fast, its cheap, you can overclock it and achieve relatively good results, your CPU will hog any VID card better than the MX anyway, so just stick with it. As an added bonus you can also overclock the MX to a crisp and not even worry that you've just screwed yourself a tonwad of cash.. :evil:

· Registered
900 Posts
i would see if your motherboard can use coppermine chips. that old 300A isn't really worth holding on to. for $40 you can probably get a celeron 800-900 mhz cpu. look into it before you buy the geforce because a 300A is slow and you probably wont get to 600 unless you buy a $50 heatsink. and then it still might not go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.