Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately my computer is infected by... maybe some trojan viruses, some of them still unindentified whether it is trojan or spyware, when I press Ctrl+alt+del in my processes tab, I saw some exe file that are not supposely to exsist, I use AVG, antivir, Norton but the antivirus doesn't able to detect them as viruses, I use spybot but also no luck... so is there any software that can solve the problem above??

·
Aim 4 the stars...
574 Posts
you can use :

ad-aware...
spyware blaster...
spy cleaner gold...
spyware sweeper...
spyware cop...
and many more...

if u know it is not suppose to be there.. why dont u just end the process?

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
adware, spybot and hijackthis...

regarding the exe files, if you know how to go through the registry and delete those unwanted exe files that boot on your start-up... just type the name of the exe file in google first to know if that is a harmful virus, trojan or spyware...

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
i had problems like yours. I used SpySweeper along with HijackThis, and I've searched and deleted manually all those badwares in safe mode. And you may want to use all these progs in safe mode, I think its more effective than in normal mode.

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
laserjohn said:
you can use :

ad-aware...
spyware blaster...
spy cleaner gold...
spyware sweeper...
spyware cop...
and many more...

I thought so too. Until I befriended IstSvc and several Small variants. oO

Just some advice:

Scanners and their ilk are good, for as long as the bad stuff have already been discovered. I suggest you try learning safe computing habits and familiarize yourself with what Safe Mode can do. Yeah, it takes a lot of time, but when you're careful (it's not much of an extra effort anymore when you're used to it), it's worth it. I've kept my PC clean for the last 8 years, not counting an almost Redlof/Socorro outbreak due to the stupidity of keeping "Allow Web content" on.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
laserjohn said:
you can use :

ad-aware...
spyware blaster...
spy cleaner gold...
spyware sweeper...
spyware cop...
and many more...

thx for the reply and help, i've tried too remove and end the process but each time i restart my pc it comes back again, i think i should try the software above thx anyway

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
Squigi63 said:
Am I the only one who uses "security task manager". It has a free version that nags a little bit and it not that affective against everything but it has some nice features.
I use Process Explorer from http://sysinternals.com

It's so good that Worms even have specific code to kill it if found.

It's not a task manager, but it's one hell of a Process Manager. It can't kill IstSvc, but then again, who can?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.