Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

this must be like the first time during the past years that I don't know how to start a thread - as it's my last one though, that doesn't seem to matter.

So instead of finding any nice and proper words for all this, let's keep this short:

Effective immediately, I'm stepping back from my position here at NGEmu (which position you might ask now ... I have no clue what I was doing the past months either, so don't worry). I'm leaving the site and the forum for various reasons, of which some are of personal nature.

Where am I going ... If you keep an eye on the scene, you might find me somewhere else sometime soon, but this is not the place to advertise things like that.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who made the past (let me think ... 8 years!) as nice as they were here at NGEmu, it was a pleasure working with everyone! Every friend I found here who would like to stay in contact, if you didn't notice my last mail change: Drop me a pm within the next days and I'll get back to you with my most recent adress.

Thanks and good bye everyone!

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
That sucks. I always thought you owned (co-owned) the site. So who owns the site now.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
We never really became friends, but i´m around since psxemu days...
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
That sucks. I always thought you owned (co-owned) the site. So who owns the site now.
Yeah who is the big boss now?Somebody....?
The evil corporate company known as Crowdgather. They've slowly begun to leach the life away from the site...

EDIT by Chrono: Undeleted. While his comment may not please everyone, I don't beleive in censoring by deleting the post.
@bobrocks95: its easy to play the blame game. Things happen for a reason, you have to live with them. Without companies like CG, the site may have been dead long ago. I will continue to say to everyone that what defines a community like Emuforums, is the members that contribute to it... everything else is superficial.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Best of wishes to you Bobbi, I hope your life takes to new and wonderful places:D

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Seeya mate, only spoke to you a handful of times on IRC but you always seemed like a top bloke, hopefully we see something new from you in the not to distant future.

·
Registered
560 Posts
NGEmu has been sold to spdude roughly 2 years ago. He tweaked the site and sold it again to CrowdGather, who are now the sole owners of NGEmu.
http://forums.ngemu.com/website-related-feedback/111282-site-speed.html

In case you didn't notice ... when we came to the point that I had to own 4 servers just for the network to exist, when our previous ad incomings vanished and my credit card was thousands of dollars in debt, I decided that, rather than letting NGEmu die, I could sell it to an owner who promised me to keep this site alive rather than selling out all the user data.
http://forums.ngemu.com/1489511-post24.html

Good luck with your future projects Bobbi. I wish we had worked together more. :)

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
i´ve been part of this network for over 6 years now... and its the first really sad news i´ve hear since that..... good luck Bobbi and thanks for all the great things you did for me.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts