Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished castlevania and I tried this one, its a really really nice rpg with anime style characters:)

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by gouki29

sure does:( luckily my youngest brother got one for his birthday....
guess who uses it more:evil:
At least that's one advantage in being the big brother, there's so many disavantages. :(

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'm the elder brother here too!! But, sadly, the sibling is a younger sister. Thusly why I have to support my gaming (and coffee) addiction on my own. Of course I never go anywhere so the true advantage of the gba there is lessened. So it would be just like a reincarnation of the snes to me. My favouritest console system!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by gerbilcannon
I really need to get a gba, there are a lot of great games coming out for it. Sigh ... being broke sucks ...
Yeah, and emulation just doesn't have the romance of the real thing, does it?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The romance of squinting at a display the size of my thumbnail? Mmmm, no ... it doesn't quite have that ... the appeal of the gba to me is its portability even though I never go anywhere. Otherwise I'd just emulate everything since it'll look and sound better there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
no, the romance of holding it in your hand and gaming whereever you waNT...it's the same with PSX/N64 emulation, a PC just doesn't have romance...and it's noisy too..

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
It's good as far as a portable game goes. But if it had been released on the N64, I highly doubt it would have gotten as much acclaim. I still think a lot of its popularity has to do with Climax and not the game itself.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
the games not bad. i believe most of the hype is due to it being the first "real" rpg for the gba. in my opinion, it was done pretty well. it has some nice 3d effects such as when entering battle and the summon spells. i would have been really impressed with this game if it was on a snes.
i personally liked a lot of snes titles and still do. its a refreshing visit back to that style of gaming, and i enjoy playing it on my gba.

·
Registered
425 Posts
It was alright, nowhere near as good as some of the SNES rpg legends but still good. Now that BoFA just came out, oh yeah, now there's an rpg, and BoFAII is coming here as well, mwahahah...golden what? BTW Magical vacation is awesome, can't wait for the english version, then there's EXE2 and MMZ...2 good megaman games...oh yes...*trails off*

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Originally posted by Cygoku
My the elder bro in my family to, but the only that my 17 years old bro think 'bout is sex & drug.
my, when did that change, used to be sex, drugs and rock and roll, what ever happenned to the rock and roll?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts