Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kotaku - Pokemon Gold And Silver Getting DS Remakes - Pokemon

It IS Kotaku(which is known for having published rumors as facts before, and more than once), but it seems pretty official.

I'm not really interested in Pokemon anymore, but it'd be nice to see what they'd change of Gold and Silver for this remake(IMO, the best ones I played, which is up until Ruby/Sapphire).

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Well, as long as they keep the original sounds instead of putting in an orchestrated piece that not alot of the older pokemon fans who were there from the beginning which have grown out of it after the Orange Islands are gonna like.(whoah, longest sentence evar, lol)

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have to update the sounds and music. Not necessarily change their style. Just make use of the DS' sound chip.

·
Oilslime
77 Posts
Wut? No Crystal Essence?

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was no Thunder Yellow either, so it's only natural that there won't be a Crystal version this time.

·
Oilslime
77 Posts
Just as long as they keep and expand the improvements Crystal gave us all will be good I guess, though I really want a DS cart that's transparent blue with glitter :p

·
Oilslime
77 Posts
Just watch...it will be the first exclusive game for the DSi...

Nintendo will screw us over to up the sales for the DSi.
You speak of evil!

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
I'm still smarting from the fact that Nintendo betrayed the GC users when releasing Twilight Princess. Lol. I heard that they were considering just releasing it for the Wii after making the GC users hold out for so long. But then they quickly turned around to release it for both systems (since the GC users were at the edge of rebellion). Lol. At least, that's what I heard if my memory recalls correctly.

I don't want them to one up us DS users by trying to make more sales for the DSi so in the end they only sell it for the DSi to bring sales up...

It is a possibility with as bad as the sales are for DSi and how the Gold and Silver has such a large fanbase.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Bumpa!

There's a rumour that the Red Gyarados won't be there anymore. I just hope that they will replace that event with a new one.

And from what I heard, Celebi will be avaiable in game. Nothing but fair, since D/P/P had lots of legendaries ingame.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Red Gyarados was kind of a big part of the story. I'd rather have Lance catch it and use it in the E4. And perhaps even give it some kick ass attacks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sad that the Red Gyrados'll be gone. Wonder what we'll do to get the EXP Share in that case; get a random red scale falling out of the sky? :p

Anyway, much as it would seem useless to make a Crystal (as was making a Yellow), I still would like to know what kind of name they'd make for it (and what kind of kickass box they'd do!). Spirit Crystal, anyone? :p

Must say I'm looking forward to this, even though I'm pretty much the only person on the planet without a DS.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seeing the trend, it'd be "Crystal" something-or-other, and not the other way around.
And we'll probably get either the Red Scale as an item from Lance himself or just the good old Exp Share as a normal item earlier.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I am looking forward to the new gen features on this old game. Double battles, Honeys and Wifi battles. IMO the plot will have to suffer some modification to fit the new features. But I must say I won't feel comfortable if they put too much of new events on it...

Yes, I would like to play the same game from ten years ago, but with new graphics. :p

New Sevii Islands would be good too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.