Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
You really should have gone with a Q9x00 instead of the Q6600.

Most of the recent ones overclock poorly, if you'll be doing that. I wouldn't even consider a 65nm CPU "this late in the game" as you put it.

If it had to due with price, alot of the Q8x00 and Q9x00 CPUs just had their prices cut. You could have gotten a Q9400 for $20 more, which is better in almost every way.

Either way, I guess it's a improvement over your old one, which is what's most important.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Conroes are outdated? Well, yours is nothing more than two Conroes stuck together.

Core 2 isn't outdated. I wouldn't even consider the Althlon X2 outdated yet. Pentium 4s and Althlon 64s even have alot of numbers, though they're long in the tooth and many years old, they're still more capable than you'd think. I'd consider them borderline outdated, but Conroes outdated? No.

Edit: Neither the Conroe nor Q6600 is outdated, but what he meant was that it's not current in Intel's lineup anymore. It's been replaced by the Q9xx0 series. Why do you think it's so cheap? Intel's trying to clear inventory of older parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts