Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The new trailer is now available to see and after the amount of boasting and **** waving Sony and the developers (specifically Jaffe) have been making about how this game will eclipese Gears of War 2 visually I was quite let down by how the game looked from what they have shown in the trailer. No doubt the action was nice and violent (the way it should be), but the visuals after all the hype to me were a bit, meh? (and no need to tell me never believe the hype)

Needless to say this should be a sweet game.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
To be honest, seeing this kind of annoys me. I just got a brand new GOW2 for a friend the other and it wouldn't work on his "new" slim PS2, it keeps talking about a disc read error. I even returned the game and exchanged it for a new copy today and it caused the same problem, the PS2 even scratched both discs somehow. I heard that Sony is expecting people to pay for a refurbished system that will play the game. Apparently others have had the same problem with this also. I used to love Sony, but I'm starting to dislike them and their customer service now. It kind of pisses me off that they can't even make a game work right for the system that it was made for.

Meh. I guess I won't be getting GOW3 or a PS3.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
To be honest, seeing this kind of annoys me. I just got a brand new GOW2 for a friend the other and it wouldn't work on his "new" slim PS2, it keeps talking about a disc read error. I even returned the game and exchanged it for a new copy today and it caused the same problem, the PS2 even scratched both discs somehow. I heard that Sony is expecting people to pay for a refurbished system that will play the game. Apparently others have had the same problem with this also. I used to love Sony, but I'm starting to dislike them and their customer service now. It kind of pisses me off that they can't even make a game work right for the system that it was made for.

I'm not surprised. Gaming quality has gone down to the bottom this days. It goes from bad made games to troubleshooting consoles. It's a mess.

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Heh, I find it funny that people are already criticizing God of War III's graphics. The game has still a long way to go before it comes out. Probably in 2010. Personally, I hope they spend more time on fine tuning the puzzles, boss, enemy and enviroment design.

Pictures

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts

Arg nooo. The japanese economy... :cry: :p

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
Meh. I always thought God of War was overrated. Game is ok if you play it in any other difficulty that is not God Mode or Titan Mode. Thats where the real strategy comes in and the fun part. In any other difficulty is just an extremely easy and boring hack and slash game with an ok story.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I read that THAT is not the trailer that Jaffe was shown.

I love the GoW series, but now I've seem a lot of clones for it.
It has gotta step up and bring something new.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Meh. I always thought God of War was overrated. Game is ok if you play it in any other difficulty that is not God Mode or Titan Mode. Thats where the real strategy comes in and the fun part. In any other difficulty is just an extremely easy and boring hack and slash game with an ok story.
I kind of agree. And since I tend not to play anything except for "normal" difficulty, I have a feeling I'm not getting the most out of it. Ah well. Maybe when I run out of things to play and have to replay games.

·
band
4,912 Posts
God of War. My girlfriend said she loved playing it on PS2...so I got it for her on the PSP. Turns out she still hasn't made it past the first level -.-

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
God of War. My girlfriend said she loved playing it on PS2...so I got it for her on the PSP. Turns out she still hasn't made it past the first level -.-
lol. seems like a waste.

But 3 dosnt seem that bad. I mean we want whole new graphics etc. Why not give people an atari for a year and nothing else. Then ***** about the graphics.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
lol. seems like a waste.

But 3 dosnt seem that bad. I mean we want whole new graphics etc. Why not give people an atari for a year and nothing else. Then ***** about the graphics.
If you're referring to an Atari 2600, at least there are ~39 games for that system which are fun, but if you're talking about a Jaguar that is cruel and unusual punishment that can cause brain damage and insanity and has been ruled torture by the US Supreme Court.

:lol:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Hey i had a Jaguar :p
And it didn't do any of this to you?

I hear they have Atari Jaguar's at Arkham... Even the joker won't play it. :lol::p

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
dont complain about the graphics, its the gameplay that should make a game worthwile.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Well, you're wrong. If you're going to pay $60 buck for a Goddamn game and $400 bucks for a Goddamn console, the graphics better be ****ing amazing, and it should wipe your butt after you take a dump and make sweet loving to you and not want to cuddle when you're done. If not, then you may as well get a Wii game for content and not graphics. ;)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts