Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a thread from this.

Basically allows you to have voice and video chats through Gmail. Compatible with Windows and OSX I believe. I've used it and it works great. You can even use it to have voice chats from Gmail to Google Talk so thats great (since OSX has no Google Talk client)...plus it supports video, which the latter doesn't do.

Gmail voice and video chat
* Chat more ways than ever from within Gmail
* Look and sound your best with high quality audio and video
* Get started easily -- all you need is a webcam
Basically you install a plugin and you're done. Small, efficient, free.

Try it and let me know what you guys think.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Very interesting. Much bigger picture then MSNs little dinky one in the corner :p

Can you also make a video and send it via email or is it only live use?

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank u buddy..and i like your avatar:D
No problem koko-goal. About the avatar...I think aside from Bobbi I've probably kept the same avatar longer than any other active member on the forum....I've had it since I joined back in 2002 ! Glad you like it.

Very interesting. Much bigger picture then MSNs little dinky one in the corner :p

Can you also make a video and send it via email or is it only live use?
I believe there is a record function for video, but I'm not sure about sending it via email. I base that from what I read here (WebWorkerDaily » Archive Google Rolls out Gmail Voice and Video Chat…Slowly… «), but I haven't tried it myself. If not, I think it should be implemented at some point in the future...afterall, these guys are making voice and video chat through a web interface possible...what isn't? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts