Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regeneration on March 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM

GMABooster is the world's first and only performance boost solution for Intel Graphics Media Accelerator series. Currently support the following chipsets: Intel 945GM/GME/GMS/GSE and 943/940GML/GU Express featuring GMA 950. Offering up to an astonishing 2.4x of extra processing power for your computer's integrated graphics engine, the GMABooster is a must-have tool for every Intel GMA user interested in advanced 3D gaming, truly flawless Windows Vista, improved video playback, and performance gain in a variety of professional applications.
You can download this file at the NGOHQ downloads section.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'm genuinely speechless.

Too bad it doesn't work with the 865 Intel Extreme Graphics 2 chipset. Of course, I understand it's slower and this probably takes advantage of something and/or does something the 865 can't, but I know of two people using a PC with that chipset, and a third I have (though it's unused) has that. I'd like to try this out more than anything. It's impressive, and I wonder what was done to get the boost.

This is nice for people with newer motherboards with onboard video though who want that extra bit of power without adding a dedicated video card.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably forces partial precision.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Darn, my GF has a 915 in her laptop if I'm not mistaken. I suppose the chipsets mentioned for this tool all support SM2.0?

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
man i hate these integrated cards. i have the newest one on my laptop now, and a game i play, tropico, actually runs faster on software mode, than with the integrated graphics on.

edit: tryed it. i get an exception error, i guess my card isnt supported :( (its a GM45 according to gpu-z)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
GM45 is the mobile chipset GMA4500 is the video chip.
i945 is the mobile chipset GMA950 is the video chip.

Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, Intel® Clear Video Technology, and graphics core speeds up to 533 MHz improve graphics and 3D rendering performance, and enable high-definition video playback.
Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Actually, stated that it would work only with GMA 950. :p Doesn't seem to have any effect on any other GPU.

That aside, it was made to deal with netbooks which have the GPU core clock reduced on purpose (guess for battery life...), so normally, most full-size notebooks would have their GMA 950s at default clocks (either 333MHz or 400MHz IIRC). And it still wouldn't do much because netbooks are CPU-limited anyway. The only game I have seen that gets a good boost from this is WoW on the MSi Wind. Otherwise... it's pretty much useless.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
is it really even safe to run my eee pc's graphics card at 400 mhz. D:
Yep. Will it help? Nope.

Why? Because you are held back by the CPU. A Core 2 Duo or Core Solo laptop with the same GMA graphics card can easily run Counter-Strike Source or F.E.A.R. with good performance. You just can't expect to do the same on a computer that doesn't even exceed a Celeron M at 1.2GHz in performance.

Let's just say this app is useless except for being a good number injector for lolz and gigglez. ;)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Mine has a 1.8 ghz atom. What about flash movies and other type of video playback?
Trust me or not, that's just about as fast as a 1.2GHz Celeron M... or actually a Celeron M at 1.2GHz would be slightly faster still. :p

In terms of video playback, 1080p contents is a bit of a high order... but if you'd like to playback anything under 720p, Media Player Classic, ffdshow, and CoreAVC will play most of the popular formats.

Flash movies are a lost cause until Adobe improves upon it themselves... or until developers stop adding useless stuffs to the movie player.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.