Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to fix these overlay glitches (don't know how to call them) in Tekken 5...

... on several stages (including the one on the screenshot) and is it possible to fix missing graphics in NeoGeo Battle Colisseum...

... also on several stages only (Boss stages and those marked with A,B,C & D)?

Or, is this just an emulation problem, and still waiting to be fixed?

My specs:
AMD Athlon Dual Core 5200+
4GB RAM
NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB VRAM

PCSX2 0.9.6 Settings:

for Tekken 5:
GSDX 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
Renderer: Direct3D (Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: Stretch
D3D Internal Res: 1000x1000
Texture Filtering, Wait Sync, Logarithmic Z and Alpha Correction checked.

VU skip (60,60,0,2)
Speed Hacks all checked and x3 Cycle rate.

for NeoGeo Battle Coliseum:
On both GSDX and ZeroGS Kosmos something is missing. The screenshot is made with Zero Kosmos, and more of the stage is shown with GSDX, but still not looking right.

Frame Limit
Speed Hacks all checked and x1.5 Cycle rate.

I've also encountered black, horizontal lines on one stage in Tekken 5 (I think it's Burning Temple, or something like that.)

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
There are a few things that you can try:

1. On the official PCSX2 forums SVN snapshots are released by the beta testers and contain additional code relevant to Tekken 5 working faster and more accurate. Try using the latest or some of the older snapshots and see if it does anything for you.

2. Under internal res you are running it at a much higher rate, although I am not entirely sure, but running it on native might make things look a little better. Also try not running the speed hacks and see if it achieves anything.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Try running Tekken 5 in native like Snick said. The .hack GU games suffer from a similarly blurry effect when not running in Native mode[offtopic, I know, but that's where I first encountered it].

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to turn off speed hacks and tried to set the games in their native resolution, but the only thing fixed were black lines on Burning Temple stage in Tekken 5 (still not perfectly emulated). Three stages have this blurry rainbow(or whatsoever)like effect - Secret Garden, Moonlit Wilderness and Acid Rain (on screenshot). Neo Geo BC still has problems with missing parts in several stages.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
All I can say man is to try the svn snapshots and continue to give them a go as they are released in the official PCSX2 forums. Of note, Gabest has recently done some work with blurring in his code, so some of these issues may have been addressed with a new svn snapshot. If not, then all you can really do is wait until a new revision is released that will fix some of these small issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.