Next Generation Emulation banner

Give me space games !

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Kethinov 
#1 ·
Hi mates!
Last 2 weeks I've been having a blast smile.gif Thing is I finally agreed to watch Babylon 5 series. I've been avoiding it for years although I like watching series but I had this setting in my mind that B5 was cheesy
Well after season1 I've been hooked and will probably die of sleep deprivation soon, hope I get to see 2 last seasons before I go :)

Anyhow, I've got this incredible urge to play space games, with epic and great battles smile.gif Don't know... give me the ship, give me the fleet... anything as long it's in space and have fighting involved :)
Sadly I've never played any space games except EVE which is a MMO and sadly I don't have good expirience with those.

So anything goes! Thank you for your time!

#5 ·
Modem1 said:
Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are games with big ships which are in space... shooting stuff...
You beat me to it ;)
I wanted to mention Homeworld as well, I played it some years ago, always wanted to play it again :)

#7 ·
Although I haven't played it myself, there's a 2003 released one called X2: The Threat. Reviews weren't too bad, might be worth checking out.

#9 ·
yes, as mentioned before, Homeworld Series, Freespace 2 and Nexus are all good PC Games. X2: The Threat is a real complex sequal to X: The Invasion (i think it was called that) you don't only fly around shooting but build up space stations such as markets and refineries, set up trade routes and gather cash ;D
other nice games are StarLancer, WingCommander Series (yea yea i know really old GFX) and most of the space-oriented StarWars games like TIE-Fighter, X-Wing, X-Wing vs. TIE-Fighter etc etc ^^
for consoles i can't tell much cause i only played a Colony Wars game, but that was very good too.
in the end i can only mention FreeLancer (PC) which i really don't like but you should see for yourselfs ^^

add: the games mentioned above are both sim. and RTS games

#11 ·
What a great thread it turned to be =P Well most of these games are under 15$ where I live! Except for Nexus which looks miiiighty fine if I might add. Sadly I can't seem to find Freespace games for the life of me :( Although they seem best out of the lot.

#12 ·
You can find freespace 2 on ebay for about 60-99 bucks :p

Or you can buy freespace 1 with it's expansion under 5 bucks on amazon ;)
It's a great game too.

#15 ·
Do more games have those lines in it's license agreement? I usually skip that page :p

#19 ·
but in the end, they could probably sum it up as: "don't do anything that would make us lose potential money. we don't care whatever else happens."

#20 ·
Boltzmann said:
There's a very good, recently released, game that I recently played, called Nexus - The Jupiter Incident . I'm at the beginning of the game, but it has very good graphics, and the plot also seems quite interesting. It's certainly worth a try ;)
I concur. I played it last year (it was released much earlier in Europe). One of the few strategic/tactical games I would recommend.

But as for pure space shooter action, the thread linked by sights has enough posts of me promoting Freespace 2. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.