Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got PCXS2 0.9.6 here, my own GH2 disk, running on a Core 2 E6400 OC'd to 3.2GHz, 2GB Ram, and a 9800GTX.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7700/86852078.png

If you look at that picture, on the title bar where it says "40459/226", I don't know what it means, but it's a pretty good indicator what my FPS is going to be... I'm assuming it is the number of polygons.

Either way, whenever that number is *under* 22000-27000, the game runs at a silky smooth 60fps. But any more then that... the frame rate sucks down to 30-45, the audio freaks out, etc. That number shoots up when the camera is pointed at the crowd/the smoke/fog in the crowd... is there any way to cap off this number?

Graphics settings wise (GSdx 890, SSSE3, 0.1.14): Windowed, D3D9 (Hardware), Pixel Shader 3.0, Bob tff (I got progressive scan checked in GH2 settings, fixes shaking), 16:9, Native checked for D3D res, NLOOP and Texture Filtering checked-grayed out, Logarithmic Z and Alpha correction checked regularly (Log Z fixes a bunch of graphical issues in GH2 it seems).

Audio wise, some settings sound good, some low quality, but whether they stutter or clip is all dependent on the frame rate it seems. If I set things so it tries to fix clipping, the fps is still low and things still play like ****.

So if there are graphical things I could change around, or hack the game to cap it at 20k poly's or something, that'd be great.

Or is there something else I could try or something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
messing around with the audio, some setups made the fretboard stutter around, some audio setups made the audio stutter, but I found using the ZeroSPU2 with Realtime Mode checked, and also Time Scaling checked (this is awesome, slows down audio to FPS... = no fret board or music stutter)... problem is that it feels like I'm playing in slow-mo when not at 60fps. (45 and 30 are sloow, but playable).

Again, when the camera is in a nice spot this thing plays like butter. Is there anyway to tone-down the graphics to play better w/ my computer? I notice my CPU is only being used 50-75%... can I max it out? Can I limit the resolution/detail in GH2 to make it play nicer? Can I hack GH2 to only play in one scene/edit out the crowd?

I'm this close *pinches fingers together* to getting this to place nice.

EDIT: Practice room runs great... wow, should've tried that sooner (like only 3300 polys or whatever that number means).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.