Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
hum, ok...
Yea, it does 4xFSAA, but its slower than the GF2 Ultra 'cause the Ultra has more memory and a faster clock core... The FSAA works my rendering at a hisgher resolution then bilinear filtering it down, giving the impression if FSAA, but its just like getting a picture in Paint Shop Pro and then shrinking it.... So theres no point in a game that runs in 1024x768.32 bit 'cause the card wont handle it, cause there aint enuff video memory....

See how it works now???

PS:

Anyone know how Ansiotropic filtering works?????

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, i knew how it worked, but not the really technical stuff ;)

well, that means i wont be able to play games in epsxe at 1024*768 w/ FSAA turned on right?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
yup, i knew how it worked, but not the really technical stuff ;)

well, that means i wont be able to play games in epsxe at 1024*768 w/ FSAA turned on right?
If you get a great framerate, and you _really_ want the FSAA, try OCing your card, but theres a chance that there isnt enuff Vid Mem to do the FSAA, unless you got an MX400( i think it has 64MB vidmem?) , best bet is to do it at 800x600 with 4xFSAA, GT2 looks great like that. :D

Glad i helped, i'm gonna add you to my buddy list :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have a gforce 2 mx 200 64mb and i only can run epsxe games at 800x600 16 bit whit 4xFSAA and full speed.
1024x768 whit 4xFSAA its realy slow. but i just turn off that option and i play the games at 1152x864 32 bits whit full speed.

check this shot 800x600 16 bits 4xFSAA

·
Registered
425 Posts
finally...........a screenshot shows what the gf2 can do..that looks realy nice bro..................but can anyone tell me if the gf3 will be able to play games at 1024x768 with 4xfsaa on? secondly can anyone tell me what all these different kinds of gf3 cards are like.................how many different gf3s are out there and which is the best. oh and will this new ati radeon card compare or no?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh yeah, u betcha it can do that, and easily ;) the Gforce2 GTS can do that also i think (1024*768 4XFSAA)...

and great pic Linx, ur spicing up my appetite :D :D :D

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
What about a G-Force 256 DDR

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by The Vagrant
Can anyone tell me if the gf3 will be able to play games at 1024x768 with 4xfsaa on?
I can confirm that a GF3 at 1024x768 with 4Xfsaa plays great. That’s the only resolution that im using right now. You should see Vagrant Story :)

Im using an Hercules GF3 with an AMD TBird 1.2GHz.

Has for some popular GF3, you can check out:
www.asus.com
www.hercules.com
www.creative.com
www.elsa.com

Hope that helps

·
Registered
680 Posts
Geforce 3 DON'T HAVE FSAA

it Have this new and improved HRAA (High Resolution Anti Aliasing) which is much better than FSAA

Don't Forget Visiontek and Leadtek : both are good companies in Video Cards

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by 404
Geforce 3 DON'T HAVE FSAA
Sorry, but you’re wrong. The GF3 does support FSAA and it uses a new AA-mode called Quincunx. It enables the GF3 to run at higher resolutions with good frame rate.

The HRAA is the new kid on the block and its only for the GF3 (for now). But I haven’t seen anything using it or seeing an option for it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Originally posted by SgtGhost

Sorry, but you’re wrong. The GF3 does support FSAA and it uses a new AA-mode called Quincunx. It enables the GF3 to run at higher resolutions with good frame rate.

The HRAA is the new kid on the block and its only for the GF3 (for now). But I haven’t seen anything using it or seeing an option for it.
just joking man - it just that most people are in to this 'hype' of GeForce3 and HRAA, they forgot FSAA ;)

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali
What about a G-Force 256 DDR
I think the reference drivers allowed some FSAA options on the GeForce 256
Originally posted by The Vagrant
finally...........a screenshot shows what the gf2 can do..that looks realy nice bro..................but can anyone tell me if the gf3 will be able to play games at 1024x768 with 4xfsaa on? secondly can anyone tell me what all these different kinds of gf3 cards are like.................how many different gf3s are out there and which is the best. oh and will this new ati radeon card compare or no?
The ATI Radeon 8500 is a pretty good performer, although the GeForce 3 outperforms it in most benchmarks. Still, the drivers are still preliminary and some its key features aren't optimized yet. Otherwise the card looks very promising. I'm looking forward to an All-In-Wonder Radeon 8500 for my next upgrade.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by Demigod79
The ATI Radeon 8500 is a pretty good performer
There’s no real evidence that it’s a great performer. It’s a promising card, but the benchmarks that can be found on some hardware site, will tell ya that most of radeons 8500 should have been tested abit longer before releasing them for some real world benchmarks.

It was a stupid move by ATI IMO!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts