Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 currently runing just fine with Forceware 53.03 especially I'm able to use Pete's OGL2 plugin for PSOne emulation and get excellent performance with Very High X & Y resolution enabled.

I once installed a driver from the Forceware 55 series (don't remember the exact version) and suddenly my playstation games turned into a slideshow, loosing alomost 100% of performance (barely reaching 1fps).
Talk of an upgrade...

As you guess, the 53.03 are kinda old, and the new forcewares 60 added even more functionality I'd love to make the update but not at the cost of not being able to use Pete's OGL2 plugin anymore.

So my question is: Is anyone with a GeFore 4 Ti 4200/4400/4600 and Windows XP able to confirm the good functionning of Pete's OGL2 plugin with more recent version of Forceware drivers? like 61.77 for instance.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about. I have a GeForce 4 Ti4600, and I run Windows 2000. The sole reason why I'm currently stuck at the 53.03 drivers is because I like to play my PSX games with Pete's OGL2 plugin. Any higher driver version and I'm forced to use another plugin instead, like Pete's regular OGL plugin, or my framerate drops in the same manner BeNooL described.

I haven't notified Pete in any way about this, as I thought the problem might have been me. Instead of trying to find out if there could be other causes (I searched the forums first btw), I simply reverted back to the ForceWare 53.03 drivers, and thought to myself I would find out later when I had extra time. So far, I've left it the way it is for almost half a year. :p

Seeing I'm not the only one with this problem, this might be an issue in Pete's plugin. I'm curious as to what other GF4 users have to say though, before jumping to conclusions.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
What Direct X do you have installed? because when I had forceware + directX9.0b I've noticed slowdowns... when installed DIrectX9.0c it came back to normal :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hum last time I tried it was with Windows 2000 and directX 9.0b.
Haven't retried now with XP and DirectX 9.0c.

This is also one of the points because I wanna update my drivers, the latests forcewares are DX9.0c optimized...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I just tried ForceWare 61.77 with DirectX 9.0c for the very first time.

Same results. Everything works great, except for Pete's OpenGL2 plugin which drops to 0 or 1 fps.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I have checked the 61.77 drivers with a GF4200, and speed was fine in the OGL2 plugin (the "don't use render-to-texture" option should be activated, though, without this option it was much slower).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanx for your time testing Pete.
seeing that, I also installed 61.77 and checked the "don't use render-to-texture" option and quickly launched some game.
well...it does run great on High X/Very High Y resolution now !
but still pushing both X&Y to Very High chokes the card...

so I guess I'll either have to live without Very High X or move back to those definetly trustworthy Forceware 50.xx series.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts