Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm afraid I might be one of those members that registers to ask a question and finds little reason to return...I'll try not to forget about this place though. I do have other questions I might ask.

I have GPU Recorder 2.0, and GPU Player. One one them is linked on this site but the other was [email protected]$#%! to find. The downloads page only has one.

So anyways I have the options set to record on gpu open and stop on gpu close.
I do end up with a .rec file, but when I try to open it with GPU Player it says something like 'Failed to open rec file'

I have it in my plugins directory...

Edit: Yeah the GPU Recorder is linked but not the player.
And Apparently I'm the only member online...

Sorry if this is a lame first post.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
The latest version for both GPU Player and Darkman's GPU Recorder is 2.0, I believe.
The author's page went down since that time, but aldos still has it archived in a plugin pack (extract -only- the files you need, to avoid problems).

'Rebuild' is right below 'open', so you cant miss it.

General interest in direct video making seemed to have decreased with the advent of TAS apps (tool-assisted speedrun), for which TAS-extended emu versions have been made, like PCSX-ReRecording.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey sorry I did not post...
I didn't actually check again.
Are you talking about the right-click-menu context?
I don't remember 'rebuild' being in the application.
Will test later, thanks :)

Edit: 404 not found on the link you gave
I know it's not the exact link you gave, but that's what seemed like what you were referencing.

EditEdit:I just tried GPU Recorder from one of your posts I saw as a guest describing the program...seemed to be exactly what I needed--are you now saying there's a better way? Honestly I didn't understand what you were saying in the last post.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
ReRecording' emulators' purpose is such a function, extended into an art.
TASVideos / Front Page

For all purposes, GPU Recorder suffices for traditional recording. An immediate benefit over FRAPS is that the recording can have its quality maxxed and stay smooth even if the game was running slow during recording (during replaying the recording, fraps can be used to create a normal AVI from it).

The error message about corrupt headers has no incidence on it itself, and is due to generally improperly stopped recordings (like closing epsxe while recording is in progress). Rebuilding will have the message no longer pop in at the beginning of recording play.

In case, added version 2.0 as an attachment (gpurecorder and player 2.0 included, drop into plugin folder).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks yeah I had some GPU Player 1.1 and it didn't even have a rebuild button. GPU Player should be archived with the player on that downloads page.
Still didn't work though...even after rebuilding. I might try a new recording, but all it says is "Couldn't Load Plugin !" even after testing the video and sound plugins which "should be working fine!"
hmm...
So what now...?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick question...

The error message about corrupt headers has no incidence on it itself, and is due to generally improperly stopped recordings (like closing epsxe while recording is in progress).
How do you have your start/stop set up? I have them on startup and close...should I use hotkeys? I think I tried once but there was no way to tell when I was recording.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Noone was ignored. However, I do not see what couldve been ambigous in its instructions.

My own setup is fairly traditional. In epsxe's plugins folder, gpurecorder.dll (version 2.0 of the dll) and gpuplayer.exe (v 2.0 as well. both were added as attachment in an earlier post). In epsxe, the selected video plugin is gpurecorder, and inside gpurecorder's options, the following ones used (text gets displayed and updated at the bottom and the top when its recording and how much was already recorded). I start and stop with hotkeys (backspace for starting, ctrl for stopping). I dont use compress during the initial recording since the recording will be trimmed and recompressed later anyway if keeping it. In gpurecorder, select which actual gpu plugin to use for display. Playing normally from here on, with recording started and stopped wherever wished (using hotkeys).
Since recording were stopped properly, they play in gpuplayer without displaying an error asking to 'rebuild' the file (to trunkate badly cut last frames and correct file header info).

When replaying the recording, I use different gpu/sound settings from when normally playing (as long as it runs smoothly during recording, suffices to enjoy. Its not a factor affecting the quality or framerate of recording. For instance, you could play in the lowest quality during recording gameplay for speedruns for example, and bump settings through the roof for during replay viewing, for when you want to record the video to AVI with fraps or whatever else mean). Of course, speedrun videos benefit best from speedrun-enhanced emus like PCSX-ReRecording.

Options in gpurecorder.

Recording during playing. Text can be made to display at the bottom and the top (enable it in gpurecorder options)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The visual aids help with recording, but GPUPLayer still yields the previously mentioned error message. That is, the not very helpful "Couldn't Load Plugin!"

How do you open .rec files?
Do you double click them, drag them onto GPUPLayer, right-click-open with..., or the in program open menu?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd really like to get this to work. Unless you have some alternative to recording? Still, I don't know what's wrong with it. Can you archive your plugins folder so I can see if one of my plugins is messing up?
Felix i followed Hard core's instructions flawlessly and got the same problem you have right now with my PC, but thank God i have a laptop and i did the same things and it's working, so i'm sure that the main problem is about system issues more than anything else... maybe i'm wrong but it's weird that with the same options and everything with both systems one isn't working and the other one works... still i also wan't to record with my main PC... but then again thanks Hard core, i see that you help everyone very often because i see you in many other posts, mostly every post with something helpful to say, i'm admired with that, even though this was the only solution of yours that worked for my system (Laptop) because FRAPS makes my emulator to run slow and i don't have a cheap PC, CamStudio won't allow to record audio due to drivers issues, but still while recording it slows my ePSXe, same with Hypercam 2, and same audio drivers issue with Replay Video Capture, the only one that is a little bit good, though not perfect for me was Game Recorder, but sometimes it keeps changing from 35 to 60 frames, but as i said before this gpuplater/recorder method worked for my laptop and i'm appreciated with you by that, even though it's more comfortable to record on a PC in my opinion so i'll also be happy to se a response from you, not helping me but helping Felix because basically we have the same problem... Couldn't Load Plugin.
By the way about that PSCX ReRecording method, i downloaded it but when i try to record Windows tells me to close the program, and reading the forums i see that the ReRecording stuff isn't finished by TAS yet, but i can't tell that much because i can't even run a game with that emulator, maybe that's off topic but i just wanted to point that out if we aren't able to record with ePSXe and try to find another way to record, the reason: a Let's Play Xenogears, ha by the way you should play that if you haven't, but anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.