41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Banned
35,081 Posts
sure

if she had a fat32 partition.

· Registered
10,427 Posts
That can't be done on both accounts.

Going from Windows XP to Windows 7 is a no go (unless you go through Vista first).

Going from a 32-bit operating system to a 64-bit operating system is a no go.

I'm doing the same thing (Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit). I'm just doing a clean install. I'm pretty sure my Windows XP install was unstable anyway.
that's fine...a clean install is fine. Seems like a waste to install XP first just to reformat it into 7 :(

· Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Hey.. I got this:

Windows 7 Professional x64 MSDN ORIGINALS 3.00gb
File: en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_x15-65805.iso
MD5: 7B7AF5FE3A01E9FD76DE4DACB45A796B
SHA1: 50127304441A793EE51B3F501289F6599A559E9F
CRC32: 502C42C1

Is it legit and full version ? Not beta - not release candidate?

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
That's the RTM release of Windows 7 Professional. It requires a Win7 Pro key to be activated. Ultimate keys will not work.

· Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
I know but is it going to be legit if I have a Win7 Pro key to be activated ? I have Windows 7 RC 64-bit Product Key from MSN site.

· Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Okay.. For an example, MSN:

You may use the following product key to activate your evaluation copy of Windows 7 RC 64-bit. Product key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Then my key is any good for legit and full ?

Correct me if I am wrong... Microsoft will leave the serial keys running until the march 2010 to june2010. What expires was the option to download the RC from Microsoft website. You can download the copy from MSN, go to Microsoft.com and get the product key and use it as long the RC is running. Don't forget that this is for testing (is it????) purposes only. Hmm?

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Those keys stopped working a couple of builds prior to the RTM release. This is why I and many others still use the RC. There is a way around it, but it really shouldn't be discussed here.

· AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Your key will not work on the Final version. What you got is a key for Windows 7 Ultimate RC.

And now you have the ISO for the professional version.
If you downloaded it from MSDN, then you should have enough rights to get a legit key as well.

I know this because that's how i got my ISO and key, from MSDN AA.

I've heard RC will work fine until march 2010, when it will begin to reboot every hour or so...

· Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Alright, thank you guys!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.