Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Banned
35,081 Posts
.....not if they use directdraw

· Registered
62 Posts
I was just wondering if multi-touch support exists at all in the beta. :p All I can find are just marketting ploys and youtube videos of some demonstration...

And anyway, a multi-touch screen is... mmm... sometimes not true multi-touch. Take the DS for example. Supposedly, you can make it recognize up to two simultaneous touches, but it's not practical for the most part... or at least not practical yet. :innocent:
The DS touchscreen inputs the average of the touched pixels iirc. Newer touchscreen shouldn't have to do that. I rather like the DS's touchscreen over the crappy iPhuck'd one.

· Registered
9 Posts
Microsoft seems to have learned something from Vista.

From what I can tell with 7 they have been removing legacy code and attempting to optimize what they had in vista.

I am definably looking forward to moving to 7 as it cuts a lot of the bloat off vista and fixes the hard drive thrashing caused by the indexer.

· AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Ive heard you cant upgrade from XP to Win7, and no you cant upgrade to a different architecture.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
yup, x32 to x64 requires a fresh install.

· Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Windows 7 will also have bad publicity just like Vista did, as long as you still have the Pro-XP bandwagon spreading fud.

Even when Microsoft tries to do something right they still get bashed for it, and misconceptions spread about their operating system:

Vista or XP

Vista or XP

Regarding the second link, it is actually quite the opposite. On my PC with a Core2Duo E8500, Geforce 9800 GT and 4GB of ram, I get quite a few more FPS out of games than Vista or XP.

I also can't seem to find a link to the genuine benchmarks on a reputable tech site, that confirms Windows 7 outperforms both Vista and XP as well as the tests performed on netbooks with atom processors.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
bumpy

Have they ever revealed how upgrading from XP to 7 will work? For example, would I be able to upgrade from Windows XP x86 to Windows 7 x64?
That can't be done on both accounts.

Going from Windows XP to Windows 7 is a no go (unless you go through Vista first).

Going from a 32-bit operating system to a 64-bit operating system is a no go.

I'm doing the same thing (Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit). I'm just doing a clean install. I'm pretty sure my Windows XP install was unstable anyway.

· Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
My version of win7 expired, what should I do now, I can't even delete the win7 files on my D drive when logged into XP, any help :(
Which build was it? oO Build 7100 & onwards are good to go till March next year. Just download it and install the new build on top of the old one.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
i deleted it easily enough :D

just involves a fair amount of taking ownership and cmd prompt DEL

· Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Erm, it'd be easier to just boot using a Linux live CD and delete them that way rather then adding a /f comment and doing it the hard way via CMD :p

· Banned
35,081 Posts
its not possible via a live cd or bartpe, it requires ntfs ownership changes and forcing the file to unlock.

· troubleshooter
8,978 Posts
Which build was it? oO Build 7100 & onwards are good to go till March next year. Just download it and install the new build on top of the old one.
Its 7000, and how do I download a new version? I got this one from a friend.
i deleted it easily enough :D

just involves a fair amount of taking ownership and cmd prompt DEL

Um, english please

· Banned
35,081 Posts
You have to set windows to show all hidden and system files (and protected system files)

then take ownership of the bootloader folder (google ntfs ownership) then delete the contents using a combination of cmd prompt and a tool like unlocker assistant.

· troubleshooter
8,978 Posts
You have to set windows to show all hidden and system files (and protected system files)

then take ownership of the bootloader folder (google ntfs ownership) then delete the contents using a combination of cmd prompt and a tool like unlocker assistant.

See the thing is I don't havev internet in my place and I can only do things like that when you are online on one computer and the other is next to me. So this will be delayed till the end of this month.
:(

· Rpcs3 user :D
781 Posts
Just use Ms-DOS and type attrib -h *.* to show all hidden files, then attrib -r *.* if they are protected, later you just type del. and done, all the files should be easy to erase :)

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.