Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
The only thing I have yet to do before I permanently switch to it from Windows XP is to find out how to get my monitor to run at higher than 75Hz.

Unchecking "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display?" Nope.
nVidia's custom resolutions? Nungh-ungh (works in Windows XP).
ReForce? No can do (apparently doesn't work under Windows Vista).

I need drivers for my monitor apparently (even though Windows 7 identifies it correctly by default), and I haven't found any for Windows 7 yet. If I try pointing it to the Windows XP drivers, it instead says it already has the best ones installed (which is odd, as monitor drivers aren't drivers, per se, but files that basically list the modes it can do). It's odd how Windows 7 can identify it, but it's "drivers" fail to let it do what it can.

Otherwise, I'm ready to switch right now, and plan to do so upon launch (January 2010?). A visual theme like Windows XP (the Royale ones) would be nice, but it's no deal breaker.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
bumpy

Have they ever revealed how upgrading from XP to 7 will work? For example, would I be able to upgrade from Windows XP x86 to Windows 7 x64?
That can't be done on both accounts.

Going from Windows XP to Windows 7 is a no go (unless you go through Vista first).

Going from a 32-bit operating system to a 64-bit operating system is a no go.

I'm doing the same thing (Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit). I'm just doing a clean install. I'm pretty sure my Windows XP install was unstable anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.