Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
"New" Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so this one isn't a major issue exactly, but it is one I've had semi difficulty with along with Monkey Hero (which that at least has thankfully been completely resolved).

With Jersey Devil, I've had issue with getting the sound to go just right. In ePSXe/PCSX, the in-game music (not counting the intro songs) will either be completely muted, or it'll end up being really stuttery depending on the plugins you pick (with P.E.Op.S muting the in-game music, and Eternal+Lite and the epsxe ones making it stuttery). So far PSXFin is the closest to get it right, though it has a similar issue as Tomba 2 to where at the end of the song in a level/fight, it'll start the next song before abrubtly changing back to the original song of that level/fight. On the note of abruptness, I'll also mention that the song for the level/fight/random tutorial pre-level doesn't start at the beginning, it just suddenly cuts in somewhere partly in (in other words when you enter a level, the song just sloppily cuts in). It's really very tolerable, I was just curious if anyone has found a way to get the soundtrack to function how it originally does in the game.

I mentioned Tomba 2 specifically because as I said before, it has an identical problem as JD when using PSXFin, albiet worse since when it starts the next area song (despite you not being in said area), it just continues rather than cutting back to the correct one. However, in ePSXe/PCSX, the soundtrack works perfect with the Eternal plugin. So I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to replicate that perfect result with JD to where the sounds and music flow perfectly.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
using epsxe 2.0.5 internal spu and gpu(nothing in plugins folder) and my jersey devil is cue/bin(track 1 is data and the rest of them are audio) and making sure to load the cue since loading the data bin track won't tell it where the audio tracks are....cd audio works perfectly.. no issues at all

win 10 pro
16gb ram
i5 4670
gtx 1660oc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts