Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
helo. i have a little problem. um.. how do you get into bios under Linux? the download page told me CDVD null plugin can be used this way, but it's Windows only (no Windows for now, it was taking up too much space).. is there any other way? coz when i hit File->Run CD the game starts (if inserted) or the emu crashes (if the drive is empty) and with Emulator->Run it just crashes. also is it possible to disable the spu logging (it's creating a file 'logs\spu2Log.txt' <- it's name, not 'spu2Log.txt' in the logs dir), coz it's getting big, if not removed 50MB or so. thanks a lot!
oh and i started Makai Kingdom on my celeron 675 and (after 30 mins of "Now Loading" and logos screens, and 20 mins in menu and loading) got ingame with 0.2 fps or so (recompiler not disabled). also tried some other games but they didn't work for me.. anyway great job guys!
ps. yea ive read Bossman's guide and read the rulz.

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Simpler yet, set the CDVD plugin to CDVD Null, and Run->Execute, and it will go straight to BIOS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the same title

MiKE41 said:
n00b, its Bositman :p
sorry, hope he doesn't kill me

MiKE41 said:
Use a blank 0 byte file, rename it to ISO then select it in the ISO plugin, then run cd and it'll run the bios.
hey thx it really worked! i had tried choosing the bios file as an iso image but this wasn't a good idea since it just kept reading through the file saying sth > sth .
ok i shall go spend some hours configuring my bios now

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Cloud Strife 7 said:
Isn`t it just easyer to point it to a file that isn`t an image (such as .dll and .dat)?
It's possible that if the file it's directed contains any indformation, that the elf loader may actually attempt to read and boot whatever file it is. Having a file that contains no data would cause the loader to null.;)
By the way, yeah MiKE41, didn't see that the null plugin didn't work for linux, which is odd, since the downloads page says it's for Win/Linux.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.