Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm a little incoherent. How do rip the game to a .gcm file? Since my comp can't read it, well, I'm not sure. So could someone give me the 411 on how to get it to play my games?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Sorry but the info on how to rip gc games is illegal you wil have to search for that info elsewhere,also don't expect good speed or good gfx with the emulator,for now just play the games on a real gamecube.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
dukenukem said:
Sorry but the info on how to rip gc games is illegal you wil have to search for that info elsewhere,also don't expect good speed or good gfx with the emulator,for now just play the games on a real gamecube.
It's okay to dump a game on your pc as long as it's a dump of the game YOU've bought. Downloading GC game rips is illegal.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
If I remember correctly, GC games read in reverse i.e instead of inside to out, like standard DVD-ROM drives, it reads from outside to inside. How to dump it, I donno...but, in anycase it don't matter...getting a GC of my own soon. :p

r2rX :D

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>If I remember correctly, GC games read in reverse i.e instead of inside to out, like standard DVD-ROM drives, it reads from outside to inside. How to dump it, I donno...but, in anycase it don't matter...getting a GC of my own soon.

That would be the XBox. The GC has HW encrypted discs.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
you need a gc with a broadband adapter and the correct version of PSO from what i recall. then you need to network the gc to the pc, initialize the PSO exploit, and run the appropriate programs in order to stream data off the disc. i have done it on some games i had and i can tell you that it is not an easy process..

·
Registered
425 Posts
Damn, what a pain in the ass. I've got 14 GC games, was hoping to rip a few of them and try out Dolphin. But not if the process is so tedious. Hm, maybe I'll give ps2 emus a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts