Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you don't see this kind of offers everyday so i'm taking it.

HERE

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
"
Conditions
*The offer is only valid if you sign up a new Anarchy Online account between the 15th of December 2004 and 15th of January 2005. You can play free of charge until 1/1 2006. Should Funcom deem that a too high-increase in server load or other unforeseen events will lessen the experience for existing players the offer will be terminated at our discretion."

So we can play for a year unless they decide not to and start charging :p Ill think ill pass. Doesnt look to good anyway

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
just a stupid commercial...if you get sth like that for free... it'd probably suck...

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Well, one year is more than enough time for a MMORPG... usually you get tired of them in the lapse of 4-6 months. That being said I can already foresee Funcom changing the terms of the offer in 3 months from now... in any case, as far as MMORPGs go the 2 predominant giants of the genre are Everquest 2 and WoW for all I have seen so far. I doubt that many people will migrate to AO.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Well but acording to what they say they can reduce that "one year" time to whatever they want and start charging. So im betting its gonna be less then 1 year

·
Registered
91 Posts
Since you can pick the "empty" option for Payment Method while creating an account, just play until it ends, no credit card information or anything required.

·
Banned
177 Posts
eh i have a 220 agent on AO, and the game is starting to reak because first of all..with free things like this you get alot of losers who dont have any money and who are usually inmature punks causing havoc on the ooc chat channels etc...so for me its bye bye ao

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I went through with it. ..must say, the setting seems cool, but I'm just not into it. The controls are a little hard to learn and i'm not liking the community so far.

Knight Online went f2p as well and it's gathered my attention a little more, for a side mmorpg to play to my normal ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts