Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Wake of School Rampage, Germany Bans Paintball, Laser Tag | GamePolitics

i really do feel sorry for people living there sometimes, it must suck being subjected to that kind of sheer ignorance from those in power. i actually find it hilarious and offending at the same time that they would ban those, but state that they would avoid acting against hunting or sharpshooting (the latter especially).

·
No People, No Problems
651 Posts
It's much easier to ban paintball & lazertag...

·
Oilslime
79 Posts
EDIT: Original post probably wasn't but might have been offensive, and in the US they recently made it a federal crime to offend somebody on the internet... so. Anyone read 1984 lately? Does this fall under crimethink or is it crimetype?

I feel sorry for the victims, both of the shootings and the legislation.

·
Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
EDIT: Original post probably wasn't but might have been offensive, and in the US they recently made it a federal crime to offend somebody on the internet... so. Anyone read 1984 lately? Does this fall under crimethink or is it crimetype?

I feel sorry for the victims, both of the shootings and the legislation.
You better be joking. Just how do they intend to enforce that law? Check every single comment EVER made, then the IP of whoever posted the offensive comment(IF it is found to be offensive, which would require a meeting to decide whether it can be considered offensive or not) and find where said person lives, so as to decide whether or not they can fine said person for...what? A hundred dollars? The idea in and by itself sounds crazy already. Fining any amount higher than that would make everyone simply outright hate the US government due their stupidity.

(PS. Sorry for going off-topic there, but it's the first time I've heard of this)

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
What will that really accomplish... Will it do as well as banning drugs in North America? Oh yeah... NOBODY gets high because of the banning.

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
I demand those to be banned too! Rubber-bands should only be issued under the watchful eye of a law-enforcement agency and every individual must possess a license to own it :rolleyes:

·
Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
They didn't mention air soft...:evil:

That sucks indeed. Ignorant...maybe. It's obviously a knee jerk reaction from biggots who refuse to analyze and take valid precaution instead of just laying down the ban hammer.

·
soshin
3,378 Posts
What would banning paintballs or lasertags accomplish anyway? Did they really spend the time thinking of what factors undermind the shooting itself instead of just sporadically make these kinds of rules? I don't understand those lawmakers.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
you know, I checked the source of the information this time (I couldn't reach it before), and while there might be truth in it, I also think they're a bit... eh.. "typical" in their reports (gamepolitics, I mean)...

·
Registered
13,839 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.