Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the changes in Gens 1.40 :

[SEGA CD]

* CDD/CDC emulation improved (thanks Steve Snake for the fast foward/reverse command).
* Direct CD read for play audio track, for the moment the synchro isn't yet perfect and we can heard noises sometimes.
* CDC DMA fixed.
* It's possible now to disable/enable CDDA playback.
* Minor change in the memory mode register emulation.

[GENESIS]

* YM2612 emulation improved :
- Enveloppe phase fixed (right after a "key on" occurs).
- Timers fixed.
- Updated more often (slower but more accurate).
* Z80 BUS flag fixed.
* Z80 interrupt timing back to normal.

[GENERAL]

* Added the "interpolated" render mode.
* Some littles optimisations with "not MMX" renders modes.
* Bugs with relative path fixed.
* FAQ section of gens.txt updated, don't forget to check it before send any mails !
* Minors changes...

This One is for you Fivefeet8

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
hmm.. Gens 1.40b is out.. It's just a bugfix.. Gens 1.40 has a bug with the blitter menu.. It seems like this new Gens has several new bugs.. I already posted about it on the Gens board..

There are problems with reading cd music CDDA off of cd's as the music and sound gets distorted and is very bad.. It worked fine before in gens 1.30b..

Another bug is that when you load and play several different iso+mp3's one after the other, gens will begin to not correctly recognize the iso+mp3 files.. It just sits there at the sega rotation/scale menu.. A full restart of gens remedies it.. But this wasn't the case in gens 1.30b..

G

·
Might I also add that Gen 1.40b messes up the sound on some games. One of these is Gauntlet 4. The voices are mostly missing w/1.40b, but w/1.30b they are fine. I'm staying w/1.30b for now.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
I'm in despair!
3,443 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Might I also add that Gen 1.40b messes up the sound on some games. One of these is Gauntlet 4. The voices are mostly missing w/1.40b, but w/1.30b they are fine. I'm staying w/1.30b for now.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Interesting to add that many people are having problems running ISOs in Gens 1.40/1.40b, including me. You can check the Gens board if you need more information.

[]s Badaro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.