Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Genisis

Votes: 20 33.9%
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
dunno...
naturally i'd say SNES, but when i think about which games from that time come to my memory first its Toe Jam and Earl and Landstalker...
well, at least here in europe it's the Genesis in my opinion ^_^
here we never got a final fantasy and most of the other RPGs for the SNES never got released here as well.

·
Registered
795 Posts
FINAL FANTASY

Don't forget to mention Final Fantasy 2-5, all of which rocked.

And to boot, I tried some Genesis emulation once, and I didn't enjoy it.
It's kinda sad that the poll only has 9 votes so far.
All in all, anyone who thinks Genesis is better has been lied to.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No, FF 2 and 3 WERE NOT on the SNES. Final Fantasy 4 when released in America was called FF2, and FF6 was called FF3. So yes, there is a FF2 and a FF3 on the SNES, but they are actually Final Fantasy 4 and 6!

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,194 Posts
Re: actually...

Originally posted by password0k
I meant no offense to anyone (especially a moderator:D), but FF 2&3 were on the SNES.

There might have also been an NES version (I'm not sure) but I can send you proof that they were on the SNES.
FF 1,2,3 were originally designed for nes. And FF 4,5,6 for Snes.

I think u r confused, the english version of FF4 (japanese version ) is called FF2 and FF6 is called FF3 if i am not mistaken.

Hmm, there is no ff5 for english version?

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
> Hmm, there is no ff5 for english version?

Square did not release the original SNES version in English (although Woolsey had already translated at least a large portion of it), but it was later released in Final Fantasy Anthology. We were better off with 6, which, other than maybe BoF 2, was my favorite SNES RPG.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
> Hmm, there is no ff5 for english version?

Square did not release the original SNES version in English (although Woolsey had already translated at least a large portion of it), but it was later released in Final Fantasy Anthology.
You can also play it translated on many snes emus.. Patch the translation patch onto the Jap FF5 rom and your off playing it in english..

To stick with the topic:

The genesis had the best sports games.. Then there's the shining force series, phantasy star, and many others.. And I wasn't lied to.. I had both systems and I played my genesis more than my snes..

G

·
it's true that in europe the snes had about as much rpg's as the genesis had. Still, my vote goes to snes. Sure, I love Sonic, but overall I liked the snes games better.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
Originally posted by Samor
it's true that in europe the snes had about as much rpg's as the genesis had. Still, my vote goes to snes. Sure, I love Sonic, but overall I liked the snes games better.
Yeah, I liked sonic but, seeing at Mario Kart, Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, and many other games... well

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.