Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have some trouble getting my graphics to work properly. I was wondering if it could be helped, or whether no plugin had been released yet that is able to output the graphics

Many games such as Xenogears, FF9, Chrono Cross, and the Legend of Dragoon use some function that makes the graphics on the screen either blur, shatter or whatever. Example, in Xenogears for example every time you enter a new map the screen zooms in. I was wondering whether or not any of the current plugins could do this. And if so which one with what function.

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got the swirly effect in FF9 with pete's ogl plugin. Correct me if i'm wrong, to get the chrono cross one you have to turn on full vram primitive using pete's ogl plugin also. Legend of Dragoon I don't think you can get the transition effect. Never played Xenogears. 5 more post to emu expert! :D

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by J-Ghost
I seem to have some trouble getting my graphics to work properly. I was wondering if it could be helped, or whether no plugin had been released yet that is able to output the graphics

Many games such as Xenogears, FF9, Chrono Cross, and the Legend of Dragoon use some function that makes the graphics on the screen either blur, shatter or whatever. Example, in Xenogears for example every time you enter a new map the screen zooms in. I was wondering whether or not any of the current plugins could do this. And if so which one with what function.

Thanx in advance
Pete's and Lewpy's plugins can display that effect, but it's amazingly slow, except for Pete's Software plugin. To enable it:

For Pete's Plugins: Enable "Full VRAM Primitives", and set "Framebuffer Textures" to "Emulated VRAM".

For Lewpy's Plugins: Set "Framebuffer Access" to "Read/Write".

According to Pete's that effect uses some features of the PSX that are amazingly hard to implement in a hardware GPU.

[]s Badaro

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Re: Re: General Question on graphics config

Originally posted by Badaro

Pete's and Lewpy's plugins can display that effect, but it's amazingly slow, except for Pete's Software plugin. To enable it:

For Pete's Plugins: Enable "Full VRAM Primitives", and set "Framebuffer Textures" to "Emulated VRAM".

For Lewpy's Plugins: Set "Framebuffer Access" to "Read/Write".

According to Pete's that effect uses some features of the PSX that are amazingly hard to implement in a hardware GPU.

[]s Badaro
You need to set OSD To something higher than basic too.. On lewpys glide pluggin..

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
You don't need to use Full Vram Primitive(I use it very rarely),just set the Framebuffer textures on "Gfx card buffer",and it should work(in Pete's plugin of course).

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
You don't need to use Full Vram Primitive(I use it very rarely),just set the Framebuffer textures on "Gfx card buffer",and it should work(in Pete's plugin of course).
It works only for those who have a good video card, though. He didn't mention his specs, so maybe his card doesn't support Gfx card buffer, or it's too slow for that. Depending on his specs, neither of the solutions will give him a reasonable speed. If he doesn't care for 3d enhancements, maybe the soft plugin is a good choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts