Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps im new to the EPSXE scene i dont usually use this emulator i usually use CVGS but i formated my pc and didnt keep the emulator :-(.

Any way ive heard alot of good things about the EPSXE its just i'm having trouble running some games and i also have some slowdown and sound problems.

At the moment my plugin in settings are such my bios is scph9002 my graphics are D3D renderer 1.11 my sound settings are Epsxe spu core 1.5.2 my cdrom is Epsxe CDR Aspi Core 1.5.2.

Some times i use full screen and some times i use a 640x480 window.

On some of my games with basic graphics such as chrono trigger and final fantasy origins ect i dont have much speed problems but i do have choppy sound.

But on games with better graphics such as FF7 FF8 and FF9 i have game slowdown the music/sound effects dont match the gameplay and the controlls done respond so well.

I have a 900mhz processor, i think a 64mb ati graphics card 256 ram a ricoh DVD+RW and a Lg CD-RW drive i have a sounblaster sound card to.

Can any one suggest any better plugins i can use so i can play my games without any hickups.

Thanks.

Vav.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Okeydok.

1. D3D render is a really outdated plugin (about 5 years or so I think ;) ). Download pete's d3d 1.75 from www.pbernert.com and use that instead.

2. For sound, I suggest you try the eternal plugins (for that machine you may have to use the lite edition though ( http://www.ngemu.com/psx/plugins.php?cat=1&os=win32&type=spu ). Please note that you must switch on spu irq in the plugin ONLY, or you'll get choppy sound.

3. As you're a beginner, I'd recommend you use xeven's cdr as it configures itself for you. ( http://www.ngemu.com/psx/plugins.php?cat=1&os=win32&type=cdr )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the advice ive done what you've said my video is set to pete's dx6 d3d driver 1.57 my sound is set to eternal spu plugin and the cdrom unfortuantly i have had to set to epsxe aspi core 1.5.2 as the one you suggested would not work i think its because i run windows xp.

I'm still having problems with FF7 there are some really nasty graphic glitches espcially when i choose the magic option the little hand dissapears and the boarders around the message windows go all weird any suggestions.

Oh and the sound is still a bit choppy.

I hope you can help me some more.

Thanks.

Vav.

·
Registered
317 Posts
For the sound(and grafix) there are fixes for specific games, there is one especialy for Square games, plus if your sound is not in sync with the grafix this could because you havet set FPS limit, and if you have, then use auto detect FPS limit, as sound usualy just dosent catch up to the grafix, and play around with the graifx settings its hard to tell what you need to do, because ewryones PC's are so different.

PS: I use to use epsxe on my old PC,the games run almost perfectly, and my PC was worse than your, so just mess around with the settings.

·
Be The One
37 Posts
They're within the plugin.

-Video Plugin-

Go to the configuration screen of the plugin and near the bottom it should have a box labeled "Special Game Fixes." Check the box and then open the menu near it and select the FF7 game fix. This should help your menu problems.

Although I am using an old version as an example it should look something like this...

·
Registered
317 Posts
:rotflmao:
just do this: Config/Video(sound)/Configure/Activate Special game fixes(check)-then check the fixes that you think will help.
in Pete's D3D Driver 1.74 there is a special fix just for FF7 battle system
in Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41(sound) theres the fix for sound

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help just 1 more thing i cant find Pete's D3D Driver 1.74 ive checked the above website to no avail any more advice where i can find the plugin.

Vav.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've tried to use the sound fix but it wont allow me to tick the box theres a faded out message that says you must update before using the register. what does that meen.

Vav.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok :) i got the little icon thingy back i selected the ff9 game fix and its working all i need now is help with the sound.

Thanks.

Vav.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
use the normal version to be able to use that fix (not the Lite version). ohh and please dont triple or double post. if you need to add something, please use the edit button

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sorry i didnt meen to double post :-( i downloaded a newer version of the sound plugin and i can now choose the square game fix its still slightly choppy but i think its is my PC not the game itself any way thank you for all your help.

Vav.

P.s. is there a shortcut button that i can use in-game which will save my game (save state).

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
yes

f1 save
f2 swap slot (max of 5)
f3 load

Be wary though, it is not advisable to use states on multi cd games (espcially ff... you'll reget doing so after playing through the first disk and finding you can't continue).

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
if you are going to play FF9, use ePSXe 1.5.2 and not 1.6.0. To make the sound better, try raising the sound buffer on eternal. You could configure it to use spuasync audio method in smooth mode, with a buffer of between 40-64. Another possibility is to make a CCD iso of the disc using a program like alcohol 120% or clone cd, and play it trough the 'run iso' option of ePSXe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi,peeps me again ive got 2 new problems for ya if you dont mind helping.

I have a pal FF9 and it wont run :-( when i click run cd i hear the cd going but nothing on screen alos my chrono trigger keeps freezing up when it ask me to choose either active or wait contorls any advice.

Thanks.

Vav.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Do you have the PPF files? (ppf = Playstation patch file IIRC) If not you can get them at www.ngemu.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts