Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is a very opinioinated question and that i may receive many different responses..but i was wondering is seen as the best playstation emulator out there?? i'm new to the psx emu world..and i dont want to waste my time tryin out things that arent that good..ne replies are greatly appreciated
seraphim

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
This thread is more appropriate in misc psx emu discussion than bleem, so I'm moving it there. With regards to your topic, ePSXe is by far the best PSX emulator, imho (assuming you have a decent PC). For outdated PCs, VGS is the best.

·
ePSXe
444 Posts
This it is "my" list of the best psx emulators :)

1.- ePSXe .- many very good options (savestates among others) very good compatibility and speed :cool:

2.- FPSë .- not many extra options :(. but the compatibility is very good :) has problems with the colors of the MDEC :(

3.- AdriPSX .- the compatibility is very low :(, very few extra options, but it improves with each new version :)

CVGS and Bleem .- these emulators don't work with WindowsXP :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

Thanks for the info guys..but my comp should be good enough to run epsxe well..I bought at the end of the summer, its a dell 1.3ghz, 40 gig..so i think im going to get epsxe..by the way, i apoligize for posting in the Bleem section, but as i said, im still getting use to things..thanks for the help
Seraphim

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Re: Thank you

Originally posted by SeraphimZion
Thanks for the info guys..but my comp should be good enough to run epsxe well..I bought at the end of the summer, its a dell 1.3ghz, 40 gig..so i think im going to get epsxe..by the way, i apoligize for posting in the Bleem section, but as i said, im still getting use to things..thanks for the help
Seraphim
I hope that computer of yours also have a good enough 3d video card.
1.3 ghz is nice considering in mind I can run epsxe decently on cel 500 with inbuilt video card.
Enjoy the power and potential of epsxe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope the video cards is good enough

its an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX..and i have 32 mb of vid mem access..so if it doesnt work nice for me..ill just have to contact dell i think :)

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
that is a good one

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
It's a Geforce !! The best you can get (ok there are better ) , get the detonators and everything will be fine !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would of upgraded the video card, but my money can only be spread so thin, and spread thin safely..neways Zell, did i sense a small hint of sarcasm in ur reply??:p also, might i also ask (if it seems like i'm illiterate to things of this nature, its b/c i am) if u can define detonators for me..
appreicate it
Seraphim

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
ehhermmm :yawn: can i interupt? well detonator is not what u think i guess... :D :D :D zell means the nVdia Detonator driver not the one that will blow the bomb well visit www.guru3d.com and go to driver page... :D :D :D

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
FireGL is right. Detonator is the drivers pack made by nVidia for Geforce video cards. You should always get the latest drivers to correct bugs, and improve performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you

Thank you for all of the help guys, i really appreciate it..i've upgraded my drivers now..i appreciate all of the info from everyone..
Thanks again:)
Seraphim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts