Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i know this thread is kinda off topic but i'm curious of something. For those of you who own FF 8 on the PC and have a GeForce 2 MX/MX400 64 meg graph card, do you have any problems running ff 8 in D3D mode? when i run it, i get these nasty lines that run horizontally across the screen and on the world map, everything changes colors to black and white. OpenGL mode works but the resolution is really crappy. I dun understand why those lines appear. Anyone else got this problem? *Reminder* this is FF 8 for the PC *** COMPUTER*** not epsxe ;)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Isn't there an easier way than to download a 10 meg patch? :(

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well yes there is. IIRC the same guys that did the FF8 soundfont addon and the ff8 advanced configurator program released their own version of the patch that was only about 1 meg or something. Can't remember the website though. Give me a sec and I'll check it out...

[update]
that didn't take as long as I thought :)
the site is http://ffsf.cjb.net/ then click on the patches link. Geforce patch is a more repectful 2mb. Remember its unoffical though so don't blame me if things go wrong.

[/update]

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The DET3 drivers also work best with my 32MB GeForce 2 MX card. The latests drivers mess up the color palettes.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
after decoding their rather cryptic descriptions of their patches, i got the ff8 1.0 to ff8 1.2 geforce improved patch. I hope this works.....Thanks Beta. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Betamax
Well yes there is. IIRC the same guys that did the FF8 soundfont addon and the ff8 advanced configurator program released their own version of the patch that was only about 1 meg or something. Can't remember the website though. Give me a sec and I'll check it out...

[update]
that didn't take as long as I thought :)
the site is http://ffsf.cjb.net/ then click on the patches link. Geforce patch is a more repectful 2mb. Remember its unoffical though so don't blame me if things go wrong.

[/update]
hrmm this site has the patch for the UK version of FF 8...i tried to install and it ruined my original ff8.exe file... :(

is the geforce patch called ff9squeNVpatch?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i meant ff8sqeaNVpatch....but neway...i dled this 9.5 meg patch and yet still, nothing was fixed....could it be due to the fact that the EAXUnified file thingy didn't install correctly? cause i clicked it like the "readme" told me to and it said that EAXUnified was already installed.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Originally posted by smartguy15_2000

hrmm this site has the patch for the UK version of FF 8...i tried to install and it ruined my original ff8.exe file... :(

is the geforce patch called ff9squeNVpatch?
It's FF8SqeaNVPatch.zip... Download! (9.52MB, Limited time)

Non nVIDIA patch... Download! (9.52MB, Limited time)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Originally posted by smartguy15_2000
nickk, i just installed that geforce patch and it still dun work... any solutions?
What do you mean by it doesn't work? Does the game crash, you get a black screen, or... ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok...the game loads..all the way up to the "new game" "continue" screen and when i press continue, the boxes are rainbow color!
in the world map, as i move around, everything turns back and white! Some parts are good but other parts are just a mess of colors.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the screen also glitches like this! (see below)
i got a 1.7 ghz, geforce2 mx/mx400 64 meg, 512 megs ram...

my ff8 configuration is currently on D3D mode and this is the kind of display i get...

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
As I was saying download the latest Detonator 3 drivers! :)

For your conveinence, the manual install file (so it doesn't mess up your registry) Download! (2.65MB)

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have the same problem with you (but i have win98se,not winxp yet :) ) but do u really need the pc version??I mean with the psx emulation u can play it at 1024x768 with 32bit color and all the effects from various plug ins whereas if u play the pc version u have to play it in 640x480.Anyway i suggest you play the psx version with the emulator :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts