Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just got a laptop, p3, 850 mhz,ess allegro or something like that..... anyway he is looking for a good video card, do you guys know any that's good for laptops, i heard geoforce 2 go was good but i don't know much, couldn't find many stats for it on the internet.....

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
I don't think labtops can be upgraded so easily, if at all. Most labtops are pre-packaged in static configurations. Anyways, the GeForce 2 Go is probably the only decent GPU for portable computers and is just becoming available on recent labtops.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have a gefroce2 go, it's excellent video card, i ran all games at full speed at 1024x768x32 FSAA 2x.
But to upgrade the laptop it's difficult, what laptop is?dell,compaq,hp,gateway,?

you can cahnge the videocard with dell inspiron 8000 and 8100, but i don't know if it´s possible with others,

·
Registered
125 Posts
you could buy it directly with dell, i think the price is more or less $120 US dlls., go to the dell forum and the video section,

·
Registered
265 Posts
Originally posted by radiohead2
i have a gefroce2 go, it's excellent video card, i ran all games at full speed at 1024x768x32 FSAA 2x.
Would 'all games' include new ones like Max Payne? I doubt it runs well at those settings with that chip.

·
Registered
125 Posts
max payne runs well, i play it at 800x600 but with 32MB ddr you can play it excellent with my specs, i got 2500points 3dmark2001 at 1024x768x16, it's a descent score

1 - 7 of 7 Posts