Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

which detonator drivers do U prefer for ur geforce???

(all geforce type...256, 2, even 3 :D)
and if U can say why please say it below

thx

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
It looks like I'm the only one who's voted now.
I haven't tested the 2 last leaked but I read they weren't the best.
BTW Rargh you forgot to vote in your own poll!:p

C

·
0 Posts
Neither, I prefer 11.01...
Speedier than the 7.xx series, and not as buggy as 12.00

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The 12.00 aren't buggy,I've been using them since they were leaked and I never had any problem.
On the contrary,the11.01 never worked for me with some direct x 6 games as for a lot of other people.
Bye.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Ok,man.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i faced a problem with 12.00(couldnt run at resolution mre than 640 x 480 but the color depth is ok 32bit)
so i use my old 7.65;)

S

·
0 Posts
I'm using the 1200 drivers, so I voted for them. To date, I have had no problems at all w/them. I also liked the 11.01 drivers just fine. Both are fast, stable, and problem free, at least for me. They are the only two I would use.
Cd, it was not necessary to call Raziel a "jackass":confused:, he was simply stating his opinion and experiences.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
I'm still using 6.xx series driver from Creative. wonder when are they gonna update it to the latest 7.xx series WHQL driver?

·
Registered
91 Posts
it's the 12.00 for me too. no problems, great stability.

it solved a flickering problem i had with 11.01 with epsxe. weird i know, since that driver was supposed to be the best one as touted.

oh well, must be the different systems that we all have. gives different results so often one can hardly call this poll or post definitive.

Rargh, why don't you give us the specs of your computer on this page as well so maybe we can give you a hand with more imformation?

or do like me and take a risk :) no risk no gain.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok
it s not a bad idea:

P3 733
128 MB sdram
Geforce 256 32 mb sdram
Sound Blaster 512
Via 694X motherboard

Well I ve done this poll because I was w/ my old 6.XX drivers and
I don t kn ow which are the best...
(U know lately there has been a 7.XX driver which has been released after the 12.00 so...)

bye !

:D (just for fun!)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am no pro at this but i have read that series 10.xx and upwards are optimized for geforce 3. they all support various "extras". like dual monitor screens, 3d spectacles etc.

one major reason why i used my 12.00 drivers is because it has got 4x FSAA setting for ogl.

the 6 & 7 series of drivers are supposedly optimized for the geforce. they perform the best when it comes to mad onion bench marks with geforce 2 chipsets. (although the gain or loss is really minimal and unnoticable to the unprofessional eye)

so what you ultimately choose is very subjective. for me, the 4x FSAA rocks :D and 12.00 got rid of the flickering problem i had with 11.01. that is why i ended up using it.

nothing like taking a chance and finding out if the driver is right for you or not. you can always uninstall them if they cause conflicts for you.

i have heard that certain mobo can cause conflicts with geforce cards using certain drivers, unfortunately, i am unknowledgable enough to be able to tell if your mobo is going to be one of them. maybe somebodyelse can help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
"so what you ultimately choose is very subjective. for me, the 4x FSAA rocks and 12.00 got rid of the flickering problem i had with 11.01. that is why i ended up using it. "

Hi sunstorm,

I'm using the 11.01 drivers and get flickerings in GT2 and Tony Hawk's 1 & 2. Is these flickering that you're talking about? If I'm correct, then I'll upgrade to 12.00. But I like 11.01 because it plays NFS5 porsche flawless, I don't know if 12.00 will freeze my screen. Please, help me!

ps: These flickerings happen only in menu screens!

S

·
0 Posts
No fickering, no problems of any kind w/Detonator 1200, same w/Detonator 11.01. Using Pete's plugin 1.49, fast setting, Filtering manually adjusted in game to extended. Every thing works fine.:)
sincerely,
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK

Thank U all for all ur answers...
To say the truth...I ve been all along w/ the 12.00 :D

I just wanted to know if there was a better driver for psxemus

bye