Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does updating the bios of the geforce 2MX gives any more power to it , and what is the the last version to be out ?
(i think mine is quite old) :(

·
Registered
183 Posts
When you find an update, download it! because my motto is: "the newer, the better!".
Generally, a newer BIOS makes the card more compatible, but I don't think that it improves speed.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree with bobotns

for example, i updated the firmware of my cd burner

now it can rip audio at 32x before 24x
it also has better capability of reading scratched cds
and many other improvements

S

·
0 Posts
Alway update when ever and where ever you can. That way you will alway be maintaining your equipment in top operating form.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Just be careful when flashing any bios for any device. There is usually no going back if things go pear shaped. This especially applies to updating DVD/CD-roms as if you enter the wrong details into the flash program you could flash the wrong one.

If you know what you are doing it should be ok though

·
Registered
345 Posts
dont know about other products, but my burner's firmware update did a scan of my drives and told me what version i was using and what viersion i was upping too

S

·
0 Posts
I upgraded the firmware of my cdrw and it made the thing worse instead of better > recording quality stayed the same but it hardly ever reads any disc except the ones burned with it...fortunately the other "normal" cd-rom drive has no problems reading.
So my advice: be careful...personally I wouldn't use new firmware or a new bios if I didn't need it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That s right Samor...

Be careful w/ bioses:

Think as if ur Geforce bios was ur motherboard bios...
My advice is: NEVER upgrade bioses because of a lot of things dude...(Too long to explain ;) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts