1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
It has an AGP 8x slot so yes it would. The weird thing about that system is that it has a 3200+ in it yet it uses PC2700 DDR, therefore it runs the RAM asynchronously, reducing performance. It also says it has an onboard Intel network chip oO. It is for a low price though and nonetheless should perform well.

Edit: Thought I should throw in that I saw that model at Best Buy a few months ago, I almost had my mom get it instead but I figured she wouldn't need the hard drive space, DVD burner, or the powerful (for onboard :p) graphics chip.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I checked out my mom's model on their site and it says that it also has PC2700 in it, yet when I checked CPU-Z, it said it had a stick of Samsung PC3200. Even if it does have PC3200 in it, you probably wouldn't be able to change the speed it runs at since it's an OEM computer. Good choice for the video card though, eVGA seems like a pretty good brand and I like the cooler on it.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
ewww emachines....just build your own computer.

especially since you are going to (apparently) be replacing your RAM and videocard, just do the right thing and build it right the first time straight up.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i do not feel like building my own pc at this time,i have nothing agains pre-built comps from these types of companies.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I'd have to agree with Hushypushy and Esturk, nothing like your own built system.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the 6600gt require any power connector or will it just work fine with out needing to use one like my pci card did?

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
dukenukem said:
Does the 6600gt require any power connector or will it just work fine with out needing to use one like my pci card did?
Yes, it needs a power connector. I have one and it works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts