Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
G

·
Very interesting. I wonder what these are going to cost? The GEForce 3s are still in the $300-$400 (US dollars) rage. Also Nvidia hasn't even fully realized the potential of the GEForce 3s and the GEForce 2s are definately viable cards. So, what is Nvidia thinking?
I think this going to be a case of "Too much to soon." But, we will have to wait and see. Maybe the prices of the GEForce 3s will drop and I will be able to pick one up sometime soon now.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Very interesting. I wonder what these are going to cost? The GEForce 3s are still in the $300-$400 (US dollars) rage. Also Nvidia hasn't even fully realized the potential of the GEForce 3s and the GEForce 2s are definately viable cards. So, what is Nvidia thinking?
I think this going to be a case of "Too much to soon." But, we will have to wait and see. Maybe the prices of the GEForce 3s will drop and I will be able to pick one up sometime soon now.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
I agree with you, sxamiga. Today games hardly use all GF3 resources, so why do we need a new card, probably with new features and instructions? It's just like my thread in the hardware discussion about the GF3 with 128MB, it's useless for now, and it is a waste of money.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi guys, i forgot to mention something about geforce 4 ti 1000 using "agp 8". Ive never heard of agp 8 before, do they even exists? and i thought most graphics card havent even fully utilised agp 4 yet!:confused:

G

·
Thanks Zephon, that is why I posted the this. I mean, really, use up your older cards resources before bringing out new pricier cards.
Sonicfoot, AGP 8??? If they are talking about 8x AGP, then that is ridiculous as the highest any Mother Board will go, right now, is AGP 4x. I repeat, what is Nvidia thinking???????:confused:
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Thanks Zephon, that is why I posted the this. I mean, really, use up your older cards resources before bringing out new pricier cards.
Sonicfoot, AGP 8??? If they are talking about 8x AGP, then that is ridiculous as the highest any Mother Board will go, right now, is AGP 4x. I repeat, what is Nvidia thinking???????:confused:
sincerely,
sx/amiga
i think the new nForce chipset mobos(which was also by nvidia...hmm monopoly?) are agp 8x compliant. i think via will be releasing a counterpart any time soon.

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Nvidia has always stuck with a 6 month product cycle and they've always introduced features long before they're of any viable use. If you remember the GeForce256 days the benefits of T&L wasn't realized until the GeForce 2 days. The GeForce 4 is nothing new, just the next generation of the GeForce GPU.

What I do have a problem with is AGP 8x. I don't understand why they would develop this technology now. I just don't see its benefits, the optimal speed right now is AGP 2x. I think it's all just a marketing ploy, like AGP 4x was.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see the new GeForce generation have price ranges of $500 or more. The less powerful ones will probably run about $300 or so. This is just speculating based on NVIDIA's relative monopoly (and no, ATI isn't serious competition at this point of time). I don't see much of a point in the GeForce 4 right now, although I'm sure a lot of people will flock to it so they have the latest and greatest.

·
old-timer
1,342 Posts
man...i'm still enjoying my Geforce 256 DDR

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
even though it was me who started this post, Nvidia isnt on my good side anymore, i agreee with everyone that a geforce 4 is a waste of time and money. If i can play Max payne on my tnt2 pci card decently, why should i bother getting a geforce 4?:D

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Hmmm,
very very interesting.Today's technology seems to be progressing by leaps and bounds.I was just wondering when the prices of geforce 3 will come down and now I am told about this.Man ,Gaming seems to have a very very bright future.;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
personally, i believe that one problem is that things are going too fast now. the problrm before was that things were too slow , now its compleatly the opposite. We can easilly get a pc that has a geforce 3, 256 mb ram, 1.8gig p4, 40 gig harddrive for just £700 here in england.:D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The Reason nVidia is working the Geforce 4 is simple. the ATI radeon 8500 blows a geforce 3 out of the water.
It''s cheaper, looks better has just as much speed and is 100% directx8.1 Compliant, whereas the geforce 3 is only dx8.1 compatible, doesn't have nearly as good the visual quality and costs much more.

ATI is giving them competition so they want to try to beat them out.

A friend recently got an 8500 and I was blown away..nVidia may not be the king much longer cause the ATI is an awesome card!.

·
Crotally Tazy
4,802 Posts
Originally posted by dpence
The Reason nVidia is working the Geforce 4 is simple. the ATI radeon 8500 blows a geforce 3 out of the water.
It''s cheaper, looks better has just as much speed and is 100% directx8.1 Compliant, whereas the geforce 3 is only dx8.1 compatible, doesn't have nearly as good the visual quality and costs much more.

A friend recently got an 8500 and I was blown away..nVidia may not be the king much longer cause the ATI is an awesome card!.
Maybe Ill get an ATI Radeon instead of a GeForce3 :)
About what is the price of Radeon8500 ?

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by dpence

ATI is getting better, but the Geforce3 is still better than Radeon 8500. When 4XFSAA is enabled, the 8500 can't even be compared to Geforce3's performance. ATI's good point is certainly the price, that is much cheaper than a Geforce3. Radeon 8500 was a big step for ATI, but it's still not enough to get to the same level as the GF3.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.