Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, was at my friends place saturday with the systems hooked up on his net for some gaming. And since he just got a 5700 he offered to trade his ti500 for my ti200 since he isnt using it for anything serious anymore.

I just did a 3dmark2k1 bench on my system today(after fresh install of windows) and got 6841. Saturday when I benched it I got almost 8600. The only difference I can think of is that I dont have my 4-in-1 drivers installed on my mobo, but should that make a difference? I recall there being drivers released that were more optimised for the geforce 3 line in the det. 23 era but I cant recall the number, any ideas? and I think I am using different drivers now than I was saturday, right now im using det 43.45.

·
band
4,912 Posts
iirc, the via 4 in 1s are lifeblood for performance so make sure those are installed. other than that, im not too sure about the rite drivers to use for the gf3

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:/, well, I found where I originally saw about the best drivers for the geforce3 series and it was in fact the ones I was and am using(43.45). I installed the 4-in-1 drivers but afterward was having trouble with my "cpu to agp bridge" iirc and wouldnt let me install any drivers for my gpu. So, I had to uninstall the agp driver that came in the updated hyperion via 4-in-1 package (the one for my mobo.).

Man, I was hitting over 7000 in 3dm2k1se with my ti200 and 8600 w/ti500...now I cant get past 6850 with the ti500 :/.

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
There was a set of 4in1 dirvers that used to cause some problems so i'm still using the version that came out before that set but i don't remember the number, it was 1.48 iirc and the 1.49 were causing the problems like yours. The updated version has any problems? Anyone?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I got one of the drivers called "VIA tech CPU to AGP controller" driver to work on this instead of "VIA CPU to AGP controller" the first one gives me a 3dmark2k1se score of 7985 as opposed to the 6850 I was getting with the second one. These controller drivers were listed under the "choose the driver manually" option.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill check to make sure once I get home (in class right now) but I believe that I did stick with 4.53. So, yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts