Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... Last time I posted I was having some trouble using OpenGL plugins and applications with my GeForce 2. You guys sent me sites to download the new 12.90 detonator drivers. They worked perfectly.

But now theres another problem. This seems to happen with any program running 3D games such as ePSXe Emperor Battle For Dune, and Project 64. The new drivers have for some reason made it so if I run a 3D program such as the ones above for too long of a time (10-15 minutes), the program/game either totally freezes and locks up my machine, spontaneously reboots my computer, or suddenly shuts down without any warning to the desktop.

I know this isn't exactly the place to post tech-help questions, but you guys helped me out last time, so I figured out of anyone, you guys would know.

Let me know if you know of any way to fix this problem.
Thanx...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sudden crashes like that usually occur when the card is overheated... have you overclocked your card at all? Does your card get adequate cooling? Etc etc... What this could have to do with drivers, however, I don't know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope... no overclocking done. I would say that there's plenty of cooling. And this only started to occur when I installed the 12.90 drivers.

I know you would say well reinstall the old ones. However the 12.90 ones boost the performance sooooo much from the originals, v4.12.

Here are my other stats if this helps at all:

900mhz AMD Athlon
640 Ram
GeForce 2 GTS w/64 megs v12.90 Detonator Drivers
SoundBlaster Live! Value
40X Phillips DVD CD-Rom
8X4X32 IDE CD-RW
Windows 2000
DirectX 8.0a

I've upgraded for the most part every driver from that list that I could. But the problem still remains.

Again, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Check and make sure it is applying the correct clock settings for your card. Also check and see what sorts of tweaks are being applied, athlon & win2k fix, irongate, sba, fastwrites, etc. One or more of those may or may not be causing troubles for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts