Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
!
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with it. It works awesomely but it shows the Arabic subtitles wrongly (weird words).

I want to do this but it's not that clear:

Language and font

The default language is English. To change, edit GEEXBOX/settings and change the value of 'MENU_LANG' (for menu language) and 'SUB_CHARSET' (for subtitle language) accordingly. For some languages/charsets, for instance east Asian languages, you will have to provide necessary fonts for the settings to work. Consult GEEXBOX/etc/lang.conf for the correct font file name and make sure corresponding file is saved in GEEXBOX/usr/share/fonts. Alternatively, you can edit lang.conf to match the name of your font file. Please try not to use large size font files as they take up precious memory and affect playback quality.

Boot into console mode: edit GEEXBOX/settings and change the value of 'RUNLEVEL' to 'debug'. Enter "exit" in console to start GUI.
GeeXboX - WiiBrew

I did what it says, but I think that I missed something.
Arial font supports Arabic language.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
I think you need to use a native Arabic font. That is to say, a font that uses Arabic only.

BTW, is it the menus or your video files that are showing messed up?

EDIT - Oh yeah, you also need to use a Linux compatible document editor like UltraEdit. Saving with notepad usually corrupts the files.

·
!
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you need to use a native Arabic font. That is to say, a font that uses Arabic only.
I believe there's no font that uses Arabic language only.
BTW, is it the menus or your video files that are showing messed up?
Not the menus, I like the menus in English. It's the subtitles for videos.
EDIT - Oh yeah, you also need to use a Linux compatible document editor like UltraEdit. Saving with notepad usually corrupts the files.
Linux compatible? why?...is that app built on Linux? and if so, why I need this? sorry :???:

·
エリートキラー
392 Posts
Yes, GeeXboX is based entirely on Linux. Can you post screenshots of the words?

You could try Mplayer CE (MPlayer CE - WiiBrew) It's updated more frequently and the latest version is newer than GeeXboX I think.

·
!
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're not even words, they're symbols. I know these symbols.

Yeah, I've tried that one before GeeXboX, same problem. At least there's a hope with GeeXbox.

Thank you.

·
エリートキラー
392 Posts
The wii geexbox is a direct port from linux, so you could check if the linux one has the same problems. I think I know what symbols you're talking about. It might be a problem with the unicode or something...

·
!
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, unicode problem. Although I changed the unicode to Arabic compatible ones.
Windows-1256 and ISO-8856-6

And I think Masta is right. I should use that software, because MS notepad sucks with these files.

·
カラム
365 Posts
I should use that software, because MS notepad sucks with these files.
That's because Notepad can't read Unix text files properly, and won't save them properly either.

I think you should use MPlayer CE as well, its currently got a lot more functionality than GeeXBoX Wii, such as networking and DVD drive support, and is likely to be a lot faster for the media centre task since its a native program, not running on top of Linux.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.