Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
L'Arc~en~Ciel Fan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Hokage-Sama. I'm from Seville, in Spain, and I have a question

Whenever I initiate a game with the GCEmu, this message goes out for me:
"Sixteen texture image units required! " How can I solve this problem?

PD: Sorry, my english is too bad...:(

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Same error msg. with nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64MB AGP.

Works with ATI Radeon 9800pro 128MB AGP.

·
Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Mine is GeForce 4 MX as well. But mine is DX9..is that bad ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rockmangames, you may be confusing the version of directX you have installed with your card. You can still install directx 9 and have a card that is only DX7 compliant. In this case the version installed doesn't matter. An Geforce 4 MX card is only DX7 compliant. Although having DX9 installed isn't a bad thing. It's really what you should have installed, it just won't make the card DX9 compliant. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Ohhh! Yeah, I understand now. Thank you, CocodaMonkey. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, I have an old GeForce 3 and get the same error. As Clements said, it's time to upgrade our graphic cards ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
To the newbies, it is better to read first before you have any problem with your graphic cards ;)

Upgrade, thats all! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well Bugo, one thing which is kinda important here is that zelda does not work properly on your video card with dolphin. If you look in the correct direction and dodge shadows it's possible to get it to have a nice screen, but if you actually run around you'll get huge black spots on your screen where nothing is drawn. (I used to have your exact card). You don't get these massive black areas if you have a better card.

Although if you want to get technical someone could make a gamecube emulator which would work off a Geforce 2 (or lower in theory). The thing is you'd have even more work for the CPU to do and would be even slower. Since computers are likely to continue to get faster before GC emulation is really playable I don't think many people are worried about supporting older cards, even though it's possible in theory.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.