Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The GameCube Sell Out

Marking its biggest home console launch, Nintendo has sold all of its initial 700,000 GameCubes.

November 20, 2001

According to Bloomberg Nintendo has said that it has sold all 700,000 of its initial GameCube launch shipment. Not a hard fact to swallow as if you try to get a GameCube anywhere you'll find the answer is "we're all sold out." Stores across the country reported sell out on the first day.

In light of the incredible sales, Nintendo says it is boosting its sales projection for 2001. It initially forecasted sales of 1.1 million, but has increased that figure by 200,000 projecting sales of 1.3 million GameCubes by the year's end. If this holds true Nintendo GameCube could see sell outs for the rest of the year.

Moving into 2002 the company has no intentions of slowing down and is planning a European GameCube release around April. "

Incidentally, the X-Box has only sold Approx 300,000 units so far....

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
being approximately a hundred dollars cheaper than the XBoX, I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's so much price. Just most people haven't been duped into the hype that is X-Box.
Gamecube has the better games out and coming.
Most X-Box games have been done on PC (Max Payne???) and , in the US anyways, almost every household now has a PC, X-Box just isn't economical.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
XBoX = Panasonic 3DO? :rolleyes:

hehe I can see it coming.....

S

·
0 Posts
Also, I think, that to most people, Nintendo is as "household" a word as is Sony. Also a lot of these people were raised on Nintendo (8-bit that is) and so their kids hear great things about Nintendo and so they want a Game Cube and so.........
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks depence. BTW, weren't you on the old bleem! boards? I seem to remember you from there. Just curious is all.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup, yup...Bleem *sigh*

Oh and I've seen ya before then too... <<--- old school Amiga user...lol

S

·
0 Posts
"Old School Amiga User", that is what I am yup yup yup!:D Glad to see you around. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
965 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
The telling story will be in Japan. If you think you've seen Xbox sales struggling now...
Indeed, the Xbox will be a dismal failure in Japan, like nothing else we've ever seen before..

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by CD

Indeed, the Xbox will be a dismal failure in Japan, like nothing else we've ever seen before..
It will be fun:D .

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
I can't wait for it to reach $50. :D :D :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
the xbox is much more like a jaguar coz
1. xbox was made by an american company like jaguar by atari
2. specs way beyond the crowd yet not too many games to back it up
3. the japanese didn't like them
4. they both suck

another reason why xbox!=3do is because you cannot find strip janpon in xbox:) the only similarity between them is that they are both HUGE almost as big as the atari 2600

1 - 20 of 34 Posts