Next Generation Emulation banner

[GC] Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Official Thread)

18K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  smiley9916 
#1 · (Edited)

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Recommended settings:

Core

• Dual Core: Yes, it seems to work
  • Idle Skipping: Currently idle skipping has no effect in this game
  • Optimize Quantizers: Yes, it seems to work
  • Unlimited JIT Cache: Before revision 1936 the game would crash when the JIT cache was cleared. This doesn't seem to be a problem any more. However, should it still crash then you can try the Unlimited JIT Cache option as described here.
OpenGL

• Copy EFB to System RAM (to make the scanner work)
  • Use Safe Texture Cache (to fix the fonts)
Controls in nJoy

• It's recommended that you use analog left and right triggers for the left and right shoulder buttons, for example to enable strafing by pressing the left trigger less than fully while moving the main analog stick left and right. If you don't have analog shoulder buttons on your gamepad you may be able to assign a free button as a "half press" button, this means the shoulder button will be pressed to 100 instead of the maximum 255.
Other threads

• [thread=108898]Metroid Prime 2: Echo[/thread]

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Look's like JIT Cache clearing fixed in 1936 rev
And about the core options, Idle Skipping means nothing for this Game, so it may be off

And one more thing, Game now is extremely slow, i've got about 35-40 fps in places when i've got 60 on previous revs like 1850 or earlier

#4 ·
Look's like JIT Cache clearing fixed in 1936 rev
And about the core options, Idle Skipping means nothing for this Game, so it may be off

And one more thing, Game now is extremely slow, i've got about 35-40 fps in places when i've got 60 on previous revs like 1850 or earlier
try to switch the EFB copy method from RAM to texture, and it should speed up the game a bit.

btw, nice thread :thumb:

#5 ·
man how do you think i could play this game with scanner and right effect, only with EFB to RAM, and no matter for my PC EFB to RAM or EFB to GL speed is the same 35-40
for example 1850 rev was 40-60
and the fastest rev for me still 1590 MP2 at 48-60 fps

#6 ·
#7 · (Edited)
What is block linking? look's like you know how to fix slownes
and BTW MP1 & MP3 are much slower too for now

Another bug in this game, after some game progress game freezes *not crashes* with message "Game wants to go to memcard manager, but can't cause BIOS is HLE'd" if i disable HLE BIOS all the time and start the game then go to controlls HLE BIOS all the time is ON by itself

#9 ·
Game freezes cause of this bug, why game wants to memcard manager?

#11 · (Edited)
For me also, I went from Rev1855 to rev1945 and now MP2 has 30% les fps.:???:
Could it be because of the JIT Block Linking that sl1nk3 mentioned? When I enabled it I got at least 20% more fps. And I think it used to be on the last time I played it. So now it feels as fast as before. (But I could be wrong.) Also, it says that it's not a safe option, but I did not have any crashes for the about one hour I used it. You can enable JIT Block Linking from the Dolphin-Debugger window, right next to the Unlimited JIT Cache option.

Game freezes cause of this bug, why game wants to memcard manager?
When does this occur? Do you have a savegame or possibly a savestate before it occurs? I'm tempted to try the non-emulated BIOS option and see what happens then. I don't think I ever used that option before.

#12 · (Edited)
Could it be because of the JIT Block Linking that sl1nk3 mentioned? When I enabled it I got at least 20% more fps. And I think it used to be on the last time I played it. So now it feels as fast as before. (But I could be wrong.) Also, it says that it's not a safe option, but I did not have any crashes for the about one hour I used it. You can enable JIT Block Linking from the Dolphin-Debugger window, right next to the Unlimited JIT Cache option.
The game not starting when i activate debugger
When does this occur? Do you have a savegame or possibly a savestate before it occurs? I'm tempted to try the non-emulated BIOS option and see what happens then. I don't think I ever used that option before.
It occurs randomly, but any way here's the memcard, save file after 8 minutes

#13 · (Edited)
JIT Block Linking helps but some times, game still have huge slowdowns everywhere, like memory leaks, and this strange HLE bios bug when game wants to memcard manager-THIS IS DUAL CORE BUG

#15 ·
It's simple the error with freezing in cutsceenes on the screen cause of some mistake in DC mode-if you disable DC everything'll be OK.... and terreby slow

#16 ·
Well, im trying this, with rev 2549, it runs not quite fine, but, it runs , but the thing is, the sound is really choppy, anything to do ? 'cause when i tried it with rev 1419 i think, the sound was awesome, but i delete that rev, :S

#17 ·
has anybody passed this game ? cause i got a friend that isnt able to do pass after the firsht dark troopers appears and then some cinematic goes on and JUST FREEZE . He tried everything, other revs, settings, but nothing, NTSC version of MP2 .

#20 · (Edited)
iv tried turning off dual core mode and it still crashes at the same place the dark ater first boss, it will crash no matter what

EDIT: i tried turning off HLE bios option and running the game with that off but it will still error out, saying that the game tried to acces the memmory card and bios is hled says it cant do that, heres a screen shot of were it frezzes

[/URL]

#22 ·
I already completed MP3 but still can't do it with MP2 cause of thhis damn Dual Core bug

#23 ·
People try to set EnableEPRF = True
under the [Core] in the game ini, it seems it helps against Dual Core freeze bug, at least helped me

#25 ·
People try to set EnableEPRF = True
under the [Core] in the game ini, it seems it helps against Dual Core freeze bug, at least helped me
wow thx man that did the trick no more fezzes , now onward with the game story
:lol: placebo effect :p

it's EnableFPRF (Floating point register) and not EnableEPRF, so in case it worked with EnableEPRF, you can start wondering...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.