378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Recommended settings:

Core

• Dual Core: Yes, it seems to work
  • Idle Skipping: Currently idle skipping has no effect in this game
  • Optimize Quantizers: Yes, it seems to work
  • Unlimited JIT Cache: Before revision 1936 the game would crash when the JIT cache was cleared. This doesn't seem to be a problem any more. However, should it still crash then you can try the Unlimited JIT Cache option as described here.
OpenGL

• Copy EFB to System RAM (to make the scanner work)
  • Use Safe Texture Cache (to fix the fonts)
Controls in nJoy

• It's recommended that you use analog left and right triggers for the left and right shoulder buttons, for example to enable strafing by pressing the left trigger less than fully while moving the main analog stick left and right. If you don't have analog shoulder buttons on your gamepad you may be able to assign a free button as a "half press" button, this means the shoulder button will be pressed to 100 instead of the maximum 255.
Other threads

• [thread=108898]Metroid Prime 2: Echo[/thread]

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
For me also, I went from Rev1855 to rev1945 and now MP2 has 30% les fps.:???:
Could it be because of the JIT Block Linking that sl1nk3 mentioned? When I enabled it I got at least 20% more fps. And I think it used to be on the last time I played it. So now it feels as fast as before. (But I could be wrong.) Also, it says that it's not a safe option, but I did not have any crashes for the about one hour I used it. You can enable JIT Block Linking from the Dolphin-Debugger window, right next to the Unlimited JIT Cache option.

Game freezes cause of this bug, why game wants to memcard manager?
When does this occur? Do you have a savegame or possibly a savestate before it occurs? I'm tempted to try the non-emulated BIOS option and see what happens then. I don't think I ever used that option before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts