F-Zero GX

Current issues

The F-Zero GX wiki article

Previous issues

Like these games

• Super Monkey Ball 1
  • Super Monkey Ball 2
  • Super Monkey Ball Wii (?)
this game also utilize floating point registers that are not fully emulated yet. Therefore the game is not playable. No vehicles will be seen during the intro (just the bright sparks from them?) and when you start a game all vehicles will jump off the road after a few seconds so that you are either stuck at the starting line or are detected as falling of the track so that you get the "Retired" message and the track is restarted.

Recommended settings:

Core

• Dual Core: Yes, it seems to work
  • Idle Skipping: Yes, it seems to work
  • Optimize Quantizers: Yes, it seems to work
  • Special settings: If TLBHack = 1 and EnableFPRF = True under [Core] in either Dolphin.ini or GFZE01.ini (NTSC) or GFZP01.ini (PAL) you don't need to disable JIT LoadStore lwz to start the game with either the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Dolphin. (The game will crash after the "av" logo otherwise.)
OpenGL

• No spciel settings to mention
Controls in nJoy

• Nothing to point out at the moment
Other threads

• [thread=109795]Developer help: F-Zero GX[/thread]
Thanks to NeoSlider for these pictures

·
Registered
424 Posts
F-Zero GX
[*]Special settings: You have to disable at least JIT LoadStore lwz from the Dolphin-Debugger window to avoid that the game crashes after the "av" logo. You also need to enable the manual ini setting TLBHack = 1 under [Core] in either Dolphin.ini or GFZE01.ini (NTSC).
At least in 64-bit mode, it boots fine without disabling LoadStore.

Still broken math though so not playable, yet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great guys!! I wish that in the future you could try to fix the Super mario soccer!It would AWESOME! :D It has a TLB error like the F-zero

·
Registered
117 Posts
You also need to enable the manual ini setting TLBHack = 1 under [Core] in either Dolphin.ini or GFZE01.ini (NTSC).
Just a small note, it should be TLBHack=1 without spaces otherwise it won't work.

Great guys!! I wish that in the future you could try to fix the Super mario soccer!It would AWESOME! :D It has a TLB error like the F-zero
If you mean Super Mario Strikers, it already works if you eneble the TBLHack. See here: http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/107877-dolphin-svn-shots-61.html#post1571734

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you mean the GC version you can find a link to the thread about it in my new thread guide [thread=117568]here[/thread] :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread and I cannot wait for the lovely day when F-ZeroGX is fully emulated in Dolphin with little to know errors and steering wheel support. Kepp us posted on progress :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Guess i'll have to rip it and try it, it's been a long while since i played it. Oh well, it's BBA time again for my GC. I'll also check Killer7 & GUN.

Cool, been wanting to play this on Dolphin since I first downloaded it.
C'mon man, is it really necessary to tell everyone you're pirating? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
376 Posts
He may be referring to dolphin with the downloaded part.

Also, that last screenshot... F-Zero GX in HD *droooool* We need a pic from a better-looking track now, like Big Blue.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Also, that last screenshot... F-Zero GX in HD *droooool* We need a pic from a better-looking track now, like Big Blue.
Looking good, huh? :D Rogue Squadron II has even better graphics, i wonder how it would look if it worked.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here's a few more pictures from some of the other tracks:

·
Registered
117 Posts
And a couple more:

·
Registered
376 Posts
umm... uber-drool? XD You get a cookie :D

Oh, and does the widescreen function work? Wouldn't that fit even MORE graphical goodness on the screen?

(and where's a pic of the first big blue :p)

Oh, and are you able to access the pilot profiles for some up-close shots of the machines?

·
Registered
117 Posts
OK, here's a couple of widescreen shots including one from the first Big Blue!

·
Registered
376 Posts
whoa, that's epic! Since I'm out of cookies, I'll give you over 9000 internets instead.

And I just realized, with a res THAT high, you can see the 1st place machine on the starting grid when even in 30th!

·
Registered
261 Posts
OK, here's a couple of widescreen shots including one from the first Big Blue!
Neoslider you are seriously giving me a heart attack with those pics!!!! But the thing I don't get is, if the game crashes and does not allow you play it, how did you grab those screens?

Also, when Nintento Maniac says "F-Zero GX in HD *droooool*"......does this mean that the game will be upscaled to a higher rez and look like it does in those pics, once it's running?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Um, not to be picky, but this isn't upscaling, this is what's called "rendering at a higher resolution" :p (upscaling would be if you rendered at like 640x480 and then enlarged the on-screen image to 1024x768 without changing the actual rendering resolution)

From what I understand, the game goes far enough in to get to most everything but the actual racing. You can load a track, but as soon as the countdown is over, all goes haywire. (I can't test this out myself since my cpu doesn't support SSE2)

1 - 20 of 261 Posts