Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a lot of problems playing GBC games on a VBA lately... for some reason some games tend to become all glitchy when I open them. The game runs slowly, sometimes the screen goes black (I think usually when there's a lot of animation happening?), and sprites will sometimes flicker or just disappear completely.
For example, when I was trying to play Shantae, the beginning scene was completely black and the textboxes would flicker really fast.
I've tried using different computers, downloading the rom from different websites, using VBA-M, but nothing seems to work. I don't see anyone else with this problem, so I'm not really sure what's going on?
Btw, I am using VBA on Windows 7, if that helps. No extra add-ons or plugins or anything like that.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well it would be advisable to use a dedicated GBC emulator like Gambatte or BGB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what games is this happening in?
I haven't tried out that many games, but so far Shantae and Wendy: Every Witch Way. Both of these games have a lot of animation, not to mention they're colored, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Well it would be advisable to use a dedicated GBC emulator like Gambatte or BGB
I have tried BGB but I didn't like it much... the colors don't look as nice and I'm pretty sure you can't speed the game up. Certain games also get glitchy on the BGB as well (like Robopon, my 'garage', the equivalent of a PC from Pokemon, is completely screwed up. It's fine on the VBA, though). And who's great idea was it to put the Quick Save right next to the Quick Load? Already accidentally overwritten one of my saved states in the first two minutes of playing a game... :/

I would rather use VBA for all my GBC games, but if the only option is to use another emulator I guess I have no choice... the Gambatte doesn't look too bad, maybe I'll try that instead?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
028c4262dbb49f4fc462a6eb3e514d72 *Shantae.gbc - Working
4e1a5f02cce49842d4717a8b0ce501f5 *Wendy - Every Witch Way.gbc - Working

i'd have to guess bad roms or a system problem.
Yeah, I think it's just a system problem... funny thing is those games work fine on the BGB emulator, just not the VBA. And other games work fine on the VBA (Robopon) but get glitchy on the BGB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts